FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars New Giant Volcano prop for my annual Tiki makeover
New Giant Volcano prop for my annual Tiki makeover
PeguDoug
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-08 3:57 pm   Permalink

Hey folks!

I wanted to share with and get feedback from those who know on my new volcano prop for this year's iteration of my Tiki bar makeover.
I've never seen a large working volcano around (but I'm an ignoramus) and wanted to make one. My original inspiration was the lava wall at Columbus's Grass Skirt, but in working it out, I thought I'd try a whole volcano.
I'll link
my You Tube video of the installation here (because I can't figure how to embed it, sorry), and if you want to read more, you can read my laboriously exhaustive post with lost of construction pictures at my blog.

The nice thing about it is that I can store it for the months that I'm doing other kinds of drinks. But I am glad to be back in Tiki mode.

Thanks in advance for opinions!

View Profile of PeguDoug Send a personal message to PeguDoug  Email PeguDoug Goto the website of PeguDoug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-08 4:12 pm   Permalink

PG,
That is beyond awesome!!
Ive been kicking around that Idea for a while but just did not know where to start.
You are truly an inspiration.I hope mine comes out half as good as yours,
Mahalo!

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-08 4:43 pm   Permalink

Wow...that is fabulous. Great video too...made me want a cocktail right away.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-08 9:00 pm   Permalink

Very well done. I like the lighted lava with fog.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-08 11:23 pm   Permalink

I need a volcano in my Tiki room.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation