FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Movies you can't stand, but that everyone else likes (Controversial content)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Movies you can't stand, but that everyone else likes (Controversial content)
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2014-02-13 10:02 am   Permalink

Quote:
You should have seen the shit storm that rained down on me because I posted about not liking the grateful dead, beatles and phish. (I never even thought there would be that many hippies here on a mid- century style focused forum...)

The Beatles saved us from The Folk Scare of the early '60's. For that reason alone we should grovel at their feet.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 10:16 am   Permalink

Yeah, not a big fan of Folk music myself. had I lived back then, I would have been into soul/RB or jazz.

Though, I do LOVE the movie, "a mighty wind"!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 4:32 pm   Permalink

So is Janis Joplin folk music?
And Mama Cass, I love this song.

Mama Cass Eliot - Dream a little dream of me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZfKcYlefE

This is great too...
The Mamas And Papas talk about their LSD adventures
QUART of LSD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j20Dy1hqLw0

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2014-02-14 10:51 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 5:57 pm   Permalink

I stand corrected, Princess and the Frog was dang good.

It just makes all the other Disney stuff seem even worse!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 6:02 pm   Permalink

Why all the hating? What about movies that everybody else can't stand but you LIKE?

Fer instance, I like Pickford/Fairbanks silents, which everybody acts like it's an exquisite form of torture to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwa2578IxkM

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 7:52 pm   Permalink

For starters, the Star Trek movies. The recent JJ Abrams ones. Using time travel to not have to worry about the established history of the franchise so that it will appeal to kiddies with ADHD? Crap. J.J. Abrams is a hack who is going to go on and ruin Star Wars, too.

And I don't know if anyone else liked them but I sure didn't. I recently watched "Pitch Perfect" and "Cloud Atlas" and was very dissapointed with them both.

"Pitch Perfect" couldn't make up it's mind if it was "Glee", "Hgh School Musical" or "Revenge of the Nerds". It failed as all of them. The musical numbers were OK, but the story was all cliche nonsense.

"Cloud Atlas" was 3 hours of disjointed stories that seemed to have no point and no relation to one another other than they featured the same actors, one of which was a rehashing of "Blade Runner" and another "China Syndrome". I spent 3 hours waiting for all of this to converge and make some sort of sense, but... it never did.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 8:19 pm   Permalink

I have to agree on those recent Star Trek movies, The first one was tolerable (barely)
but the last one was so stupid! I mean just ignored established science for mindless action set pieces
that made no sense, only the ADD inflicted can enjoy that crap.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 9:21 pm   Permalink

I thought the casting in star trek was damn good....love Chris Pine and the guy who plays spock...the storylines, not so much. There were some good moments in the first one, but when you find yourself preferring even the movies with TNG cast....well, that says a lot.

One movie I want to see in 3D Imax, but am sure I won't like will be "Gravity"...I have been hearing clips from it on the radio and all I get from it is Sandra Bullock whining about being afraid to die...which goes against EVERY thing that astronauts are truly about. Astronauts don't cry in space. They are professionals who work the problem and are very level headed and not prone to emotion.

Maybe Sandra Bullock is just crying because she realizes she is one of those women who have really bad taste in men, and that she only likes bad boys like that guy, "the pizz"....er, I mean Jesse james......

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 9:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-13 17:57, Cammo wrote:
I stand corrected, Princess and the Frog was dang good.

It just makes all the other Disney stuff seem even worse!

Imagine if they could somehow squeeze a new ride into New Orlean's square......

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 9:33 pm   Permalink

Oh, I just thought of a few more:

Caddyshack.....

and the cannonball run movies....

On paper, and in theory....just based on who are in those movies, I should LOVE them, but I just don't. Same with "Blazing Saddles"........

cammo asks, what about a movie everyone else hates that other love.....well, I would say "ground hog day" with Bill Murray...I absolutely love that movie....yet others are bored with it.

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 9:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-13 16:32, tikiskip wrote:
So is Janis Joplin folk music?
And Mama Cass, I love this song.

Mama Cass Eliot - Dream a little dream of me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZfKcYlefE

Yeah, it's folk....

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation