[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Mint 1949 Tiki Room (and house) for sale
Mint 1949 Tiki Room (and house) for sale
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-20 7:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone,

One of your members came through our house today and suggested that I post on your board about our house and Tiki Room.

We have an immaculate English style home with all original fixtures and finishes that we are selling, and it has a mint 1949 Tiki Room. It is pretty amazing. If you would like to see pictures just follow this link:
www.seetoby.com listing #2334.

Best regards,
Gem

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-20 9:51 pm   Permalink

Ooops,
The correct link is:

http://www.seetobuy.com listing #2334

Sorry about that.

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 09:29 am   Permalink

Jesus,
My house has two times the square footage, 5 acres, inground gunite Pool, two barns and is only 5 years old and I dont have but $120,000 in it. Is that a normal price for out west? I don't see how yall can live with the prices out there.

Oh, by the way, love the bar and the wall paper.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 09:42 am   Permalink

I was gonna say...our house is also double the square footage amount with a huge garage/workshop, 3 bedrooms incl. the guest area, and 2 1/2 beautiful, rolling acres of mountain rhotodendron woodland and meadow with a 300-foot lane...(not a half-bad tiki bar, either). We paid 132K for ours. 309K will buy you a sizeable house in Sky Valley resort right up the highway directly on 18 hole championship links or adjacent to the immaculate ski slopes, or south of us on your choice of three beautiful mountain lakes!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 09:50 am   Permalink

Shut up, I just paid $240,000 for a one bedroom condo!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 10:09 am   Permalink

Like they say, "Location, location, location!"

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 10:39 am   Permalink

We paid 329k for our 2,900 sqft house w/4bd, 3bath here in Seattle. Indeed, location is everything. Plus, the salaries are higher here, too. It all works out.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 11:34 am   Permalink

I bought my place 3years ago for $219,000. A house two doors up just went on the market, asking price, $359,000. Real estate, go figure.

Tikifish Your place sounds like a mid-century dream. Sarien furniture, Rounded floor to celing windows and all. Any pictures?
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 12:29 pm   Permalink

Well that price seems very reasonable to me, of course I live in OC Ca. I think aside from NY, and San Fran we have some of the highest priced real estate. Many of you have been to my house, about 4 doors down, 3b/2ba, two story, no pool, sold for 449 in a week! It is crazy here!

I would like to see pics of that tiki room, all I see is the exterior.

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2003-07-21 12:31 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 1:10 pm   Permalink

Laney, you're making the emspace mistake. there's a button above the exterior shot that sez "photos"...

, em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 1:23 pm   Permalink

I will post pictures soon... maybe once I dump my ikea couch and get something funkier. Right now the 'Klumperr' or 'Ugna' or 'Blogdort' or whatever its called is ruining the mid-century mood...

I want some curvy white sectional thing that looks like it should be on a spaceship. But I just can't seem to find one!!!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation