[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Pehea Ka Kamaluhia Tiki bar build
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Pehea Ka Kamaluhia Tiki bar build
Flying martini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-17 12:59 am   Permalink

Hi,

My hubby and I had some spare room on our deck, so decided to build a Tiki Bar! Drew some inspiration from a few I'd seen on google and pinterest, but here is the start of our 'Pehea Ka Kamaluhia' (How's the serenity) build in Sydney Australia.

We are still trying to decide whether to inset the Tiki's into the front posts, or mount them on top when the bar top goes on. What's everyone's opinion?

The tile mural I have coming as a feature on the bar top :

24"x 12" at this stage, will be surrounded by red glass tiles

Flying Martini, shaken not stirred.

View Profile of Flying martini Send a personal message to Flying martini      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-17 12:10 pm   Permalink

looks like a great start. That mural is cool. Looking forward to seeing it finised.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-17 2:48 pm   Permalink

Off to a good start. Cool name, very apt to its Australian origins. Keep em coming.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-17 6:28 pm   Permalink

I'm always excited to see a new bar build! Welcome to tiki central.

I love the tile mosaic. Where did you find it?

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-17 7:14 pm   Permalink

Great work so far...that tile mural is going to be awesome. JMHO...I would hang on to those Tikis for now until you get the bar top laid out. They might be a better fit logistically on a back bar. Welcome to Tiki Central, looking forward to more progress.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flying martini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-17 11:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-17 18:28, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
I'm always excited to see a new bar build! Welcome to tiki central.

I love the tile mosaic. Where did you find it?

Hi Lori!

I found it at
www.pacificatileart.com

They have four Tiki themed tile murals, we liked this one for the extra colour and the party atmosphere!

View Profile of Flying martini Send a personal message to Flying martini      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flying martini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-18 12:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-17 19:14, VampiressRN wrote:
Great work so far...that tile mural is going to be awesome. JMHO...I would hang on to those Tikis for now until you get the bar top laid out. They might be a better fit logistically on a back bar. Welcome to Tiki Central, looking forward to more progress.

Thanks, we are pleased with the progress so far!
I'm leaning towards leaving them on the top too. So that's
where they will stay until we get the rest of the bar dressed.

See where the flow takes us.

Flying Martini,
Shaken not stirred!

Flying martini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-18 12:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-17 14:48, Thurston Howell IV wrote:
Off to a good start. Cool name, very apt to its Australian origins. Keep em coming.

Thanks Thurston! How's Mrs Howell?

You can come have a margarita any time!

Flying Martini
Shaken, not stirred.
Out!

Flying martini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-18 02:51 am   Permalink

Thought I'd post a pic of our surfboard bench that Hubby made for another part of our deck last year. Artwork is done by my uber-talented Dad, AKA Thurston Howell IV!

Another great feature to tie in with the Tiki theme.

Waiting impatiently for my tile mural to arrive, last checked out at San Francisco sort facility!

Hopefully this week, most likely next week.

Flying Martini,
Shaken, not stirred!
Out!

Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-19 3:20 pm   Permalink

Hi yourself - Mrs. Howell is just ginger peachy. I'll take a rain check on that Margarita.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 6:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the link FM!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flying martini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-21 11:04 pm   Permalink

Not too much progress yet, still waiting on the tiles.

We did do a coat of oil on the posts, and a bright green on the frame. We will
Put bamboo screening over the green, so will tone it down a bit!

See how we go next week!

Flying Martini
Shaken, not stirred
Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Flying martini 2014-02-21 23:06 ]

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-24 08:08 am   Permalink

who is making your tile top, if I could ask?? that's way way cool!!!! I just sold my pad, so Im looking at a few clams to spend on a new tiki bar!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flying martini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-27 01:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-24 08:08, Pele Paul wrote:
who is making your tile top, if I could ask?? that's way way cool!!!! I just sold my pad, so Im looking at a few clams to spend on a new tiki bar!

The tiles have arrived! Woot woot! May be able to get a start on the bar top this weekend.

Pele Paul, I found the tiles at
http://www.pacificatileart.com, they have 4 tiki style tile murals available, 2 are available as accent tiles also. Can't wait to get them on! Looking around for a mosaic tile to put on the rest of the bar top now, were thinking red glass, but now steering toward a nice 'silver' metallic - though it is more of a pewter sort of colour. I think this might stand out better in a lighter colour.

Flying Martini,
Shaken, not stirred!
Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Flying martini 2014-02-27 01:25 ]

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-27 8:57 pm   Permalink

Loving that green and the tiles are spectacular. Sooooooo...you are from good Tiki stock so you got it made. Keep up the great work.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation