FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » New Monin TIKI and South Seas Syrups!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Monin TIKI and South Seas Syrups!
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-20 2:54 pm   Permalink

I'm more than willing to give both of those syrups a try. Maybe not in an already known recipe, but one of my own creation just to see what I can come up with.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-21 07:01 am   Permalink

I work in an espresso bar & while they aren't "authentic" for the aforementioned alcoholic drinks, I'm quite sure they'd be GREAT as Italian sodas or shaken in ice teas. We carry Monin syrups where I work. I'll have to see about checking these out.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-21 09:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

However, Mexico is considered part of North America, not Central America.

Ha! You may be right; I may be crazy. My Lonely Planet shows Mexico as part of C.A. but the rest of the internets seem to agree with you. Anyhow, I apologize for the derail here.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-29 5:39 pm   Permalink

I haven`t tried those syrups but from what i see on their website i wouldn`t bother with them in tiki drinks, they are prolly good in something else. btw that Mai Tai recipe makes me cringe....

It`s up to us to keep educating the world about how Mai Tais and other tiki drinks should be made. I think there´s been a lot of progress though but there`s still a lot more to do.

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation