Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Kon-Tiki Menu
Kon-Tiki Menu
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-18 9:53 pm   Permalink

Just scored a Kon-Tiki drink menu from Portland. I'll post pics soon. Lots of interesting drinks in there.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-19 5:07 pm   Permalink

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-19 5:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks! Very cool stuff there. The Demerera Float glass is new to me.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 05:39 am   Permalink

I'm just curious--Why is this in a seperate thread?

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-20 10:15 am   Permalink

There wasn't a Kon-Tiki Portland thread in Locating Tiki, and since this was something I collected it seemed to make sense to post it here. If you're asking why it isn't in the sharing thread, I had a temper tantrum and stopped it for the time being.

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 10:25 am   Permalink

1. Start a thread in Locating Tiki - post it there
2. Tiki finds go in the Tiki Finds thread - post it there

There is absolutely no need to start a new thread in Collecting Tiki for every single new-to-you item you find--it would be a complete mess (as it was years ago) if people did this.

It looks like there has been over 9000 times that people have commented on their and other people's finds on the Tiki Finds thread so everyone else seems pretty dialed in to the why the Collecting Tiki section works.

Please kindly follow their lead.

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-20 10:28 am   Permalink

Thanks for the guidance.

TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-20 4:15 pm   Permalink

Once I finish cleaning it up, this menu will be available in the ephemera sharing thread.

TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-20 11:55 pm   Permalink

The menus often command high prices. I tend to look for bargains. This one was water damaged, so I got it for a good price (didn't matter that much to me, since I scan them in and clean them up). But keep your eyes peeled, you can find some deals if you're patient!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-21 12:08 am   Permalink

Do you know the significance of that Tiki on the menu as it pertains to the Tiki Ti?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-21 08:46 am   Permalink

Awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation