FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel San Diego weekend ideas?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
San Diego weekend ideas?
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 6:25 pm   Permalink

... women's world longboard championships... ocean beach pier... "rock"tober 21, 22, 23,... 2005...
http://www.wwlbc.com/...

... also...

... interscholastic surfing federation middle school surf contest... la jolla shores... saturday 7am "rock"tober 22, 2005...
... http://www.isfsurfing.org/ ...

... also...

... henry and ramona...
... saturday, "rock"tober 22, 2005 7pm...
... at the david & dorothea garfield theatre at the lawrence family jewish community center in la jolla, ca

... also...

... race cars, extreme customs, and hot rods...
... now thru "rock"tober 24, 2005...
... san diego automotive museum 619 231-2886
... www.sdautomuseum.org

[ This Message was edited by: alohabros 2005-10-20 10:14 ]

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 10:13 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-07-22 16:16, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-07-22 15:25, spy-tiki wrote:

You can call me the jab, el jab, jabbo, jabberwocky, whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thejab on 2003-07-22 16:18 ]</font>

Or El Jaboreno if you not into the brevity thing!

If in SD and down town, go check out Mr. Tiki Mai Tai lounge. Don't actually eat there unless you want to take a second mortgage out on your house for so so food. Wasn't really impressed with the drinks either. My Tai (LOL!) was a little strong for my tastes. But I was assured it was Trader Vics authentic before I ordered it.........BEFORE. Anyway - cool decor, need to work on the rest of it.

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 8:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Don't actually eat there unless you want to take a second mortgage out on your house for so so food. Wasn't really impressed with the drinks either. My Tai (LOL!) was a little strong for my tastes. But I was assured it was Trader Vics authentic before I ordered it.........BEFORE.

I thought their food was salty, and their drinks lacking. On the other hand, their waitreses were young and hip.

IMHO the place is not (yet) worthy of having Mai Tai in their name. A Mr. Mai Tai's mai tai is like a peck on the cheek. On the other hand, a Bali Hai mai tai is like a kick in the head.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 5:11 pm   Permalink

...san diego indie music fest... the abbey at balboa park... 2825 fifth ave., san diego... the second annual fest will run from 12:00 noon to 12:00 midnight on saturday, 5 november, 2005 at the historic abbey, and will feature over 25 independent artists and bands on 3 stages...

... san diego gulls home opener... saturday, november 5, 2005... 7:00 PM... ipayone center...

... the western surfing association (wsa) is heading up to the oceanside harbor south jetty for the fourth stop on the wsa/hobie championship tour sunday, november 6...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 5:20 pm   Permalink

... don't forget...

... the tantra oil experience...
...saturday, nov 12, 2005... 2p.m - 2a.m. la costa, ca...

http://www.tantraturnon.com/toenov1205.htm...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation