FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Bob Art Show at Tonga Hut NoHo Sunday, March 23rd!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Bob Art Show at Tonga Hut NoHo Sunday, March 23rd!
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-21 5:21 pm   Permalink

Hi Rob…..do you have any orange plumeria?

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robtikiti
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-21 7:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-21 17:21, bongofury wrote:
Hi Rob…..do you have any orange plumeria?

Hi Bongo, If you're talking about something
like this then no, I do not.

The others that I have are a deep burgundy/red and a yellow/white with fuller, rounder petals, though I wasn't planning on having cuttings of either this weekend.

View Profile of robtikiti Send a personal message to robtikiti  Goto the website of robtikiti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-21 8:43 pm   Permalink

This just in:

The awesome art of OceaOtica and Bongofury will be joining the art show!

I am SO excited about this event, it's gonna be great!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-21 9:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!

Here are some more pieces I'll have at the event:

This TIki Bob is based on another vintage menu... I love the look of this Bob, so cartoony and two dimensional... which was a challenge trying to render it as a 3D object!

The tapa design on the menu was the inspiration for the design on the event art. Here is the original cut paper art, which will be in the art show!

The Tonga Hut logo was a separate element that I added in later. This original piece will be available at my booth!

Here is some other new pieces... Two platters based on Solomon Islands paddle designs!

Really excited about this event, it's going to be so much fun!

See everybody on Sunday!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-03-22 4:43 pm   Permalink

Everybody's stuff is looking good. GROG just finish glazing GROG' butt off, and now stuff is in the kiln cooking. We'll see how much crap came out well enough to bring to the show tomorrow when GROG can open the kiln. Had 3 main pieces that GROG wanted to do for the show, that GROG was unable to get done.

The aftermath of the glazing table in the kitchen:

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-22 6:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-22 16:43, GROG wrote:
Had 3 main pieces that GROG wanted to do for the show, that GROG was unable to get done.

Yes we know.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-03-22 9:29 pm   Permalink

GROG looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow, even bigtikidud.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-03-22 9:31 pm   Permalink

Oops! Forgot the E . That was supposed to say, "even bigtikidude."

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-23 01:06 am   Permalink

Are you sure that was a typo Grog? heh heh...

Looking forward to a great event!

See everyone tomorrow at the Hut!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-23 09:00 am   Permalink

Wish I wus there!

But I am stuck here…

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-03-23 10:11 am   Permalink

We'll miss you bigbro.

Cracked the kiln lid open, but haven't opened it all the way yet. It's still cooling. Here's what I do have so far that I'm bringing.

GROG

Posted: 2014-03-23 12:26 pm   Permalink

And the rest I'm bringing.

A couple of other Bob Bowls

May not sale the Moai Bowl, want to do some glazing on it. but I'm bringing it.

The middle mug is Kirby Bob by Kirby done for the 1st Tiki Bob show made from a Tiki Bob blank (basic Bob shaped mug with no detail) that I had. He had some glaze issues, so I reglazed him. He'll be in the art show. You'll have to talk to Kirby if you want to buy him. The one on the right is Faux Bob also made from a Tiki Bob blank.

S&P's and some more shots.

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-03-23 1:58 pm   Permalink

Those look great, Grog!

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-23 10:21 pm   Permalink

Well everyone can rest assured that Grog had a complete sell out of his awesome art (or almost... I think there was one piece left?)

And...

WOW!!!!

What a great event!!!

Mucho Mahalos to every one who participated!

Thank you to all the INCREDIBLE vendors who came out to sell their spectacular tiki wares and the artists who contributed work to the art show... CONGRATS to Scott Mabbutt for the win in the art show...

Thank you to Marie King and the TERRIFIC Tonga Hut Crew who kept everyone content and cocktailed-up!
Thank you to the INCREDIBLE Tonga Tom and Sherriyaki for keeping everything on track and flowing smoothly in the vending/art show space!
Thank you to The New Caledonians for rocking the Hut with your MESMERIZING music!
Thank you to all the AMAZING amount of people who came out to support the event!
Thank you to Amy and everyone behind the scenes at Tonga Hut for keeping the OLDEST TIKI ESTABLISHMENT IN THE EPICENTER OF TIKI CULTURE GOING STRONG FOR 55+ YEARS!!!

And a special MAHALO to Manuel for helping to keep me from going completely insane (I only went partially insane)!

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2014-03-24 12:10 ]

Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-24 05:54 am   Permalink

Thanks Eric! Thanks all the Tonga Hut ohana! It was a blast!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation