FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Bob Art Show at Tonga Hut NoHo Sunday, March 23rd!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Tiki Bob Art Show at Tonga Hut NoHo Sunday, March 23rd!
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-24 06:38 am   Permalink

The show was great.

I was able to get a few great Bob mugs and say hello to almost all the wonderful artists.

Thank you to Eric and the Tonga Hut staff for putting this show on and helping me to expand my Tiki Bob collection.

And, congrats to Joe Banks who took home the ribbon for best in show. Your piece was great and a well deserved win.

Thanks again to all.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-24 11:15 am   Permalink

Great event! Had a blast over the weekend. Good to see some friendly faces. Scored myself some cool stuff too.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-24 11:16 am   Permalink

Thanks Tobunga and the whole Tonga Hut crew for an awesome event. It was great getting to see everybody and meeting new people like Chippy. Thanks everybody who bought GROG' crap. It was much appreciated, especially since GROG not working right now. The new Tiki Magazine and More looks great. Congrats Amy and the rest on doing a swell job putting the magazine together. I'll try and keep the momentum going and do more ceramics, so keep your eyes out for more GROG' Crap.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-24 12:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Amy and all the Tonga Hut crew, and to all the fantastic tiki artists, sculptors, carvers, musicians and drinkers. It was great meeting and talking to you. A fun day for all, including Ella-Roux, who is still thanking me!

[ This Message was edited by: The Below Decks 2014-03-24 12:46 ]

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-24 8:24 pm   Permalink

Great Bob show all around. Bob presents an interesting canvas to work from and I thought there were a ton of great interpretations on display. Add in the Tiki Magazine (& more) release, the debut of The New Caledonians, and a fine bunch of friends new and old and you had a fun afternoon and evening. Thanks all around, including Eric for putting the art show and vending together and the entire Tonga Hut crew for putting on another packed Sunday.

Kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-28 6:11 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!

Here are some photos of the work in the art show... there were some really great pieces in a variety of media!

This was one of my favorites, Jonathan Morrill's piece, which referenced the "Lingerie Lunches" that took place at the original Tiki Bob's in San Francisco!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation