FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Papier-mâché Enchanted Tiki Room Drummer Gods, Ngendei and Hina-Kaluua
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Papier-mâché Enchanted Tiki Room Drummer Gods, Ngendei and Hina-Kaluua
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-26 10:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-23 11:16, SandraDee wrote:
So now that you are almost done with the drummers I think your next project should be making some of the face columns:

So... tempted...

But on with the show! First off, the grand reveal. Tikis play the drums!

Here are the twins in detail:

The bases are old drawer fronts we had tucked away.

And a comparison with "v1", which was much boxier. I still like his personality, though!

Here they are at home in our "Enchanted Tiki Dining Room", with Quiet Village Radio playing in the background:

Au we ta huala!

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 11:33 am   Permalink

You did a fantastic job! Are you going to add faux foliage/greenery/flowers to the space where they are displayed?

I can't wait to see the column get made and displayed in that corner

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 11:46 am   Permalink

You did an amazing job - they're all great and I like the display!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 3:04 pm   Permalink

Very good....

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-27 7:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-26 11:33, SandraDee wrote:
You did a fantastic job! Are you going to add faux foliage/greenery/flowers to the space where they are displayed?

Probably not - the dining room does have some modicum of class. (And we're renting!) Those cabinets just screamed to be populated and then we scored some tiki mugs and then Pele arrived and then inspiration struck and then... well, I guess you never know!

My wife has joked (?) that we should get some white birds to clip onto the chandelier for the holidays, even though it doesn't go "round and round".

Quote:

I can't wait to see the column get made and displayed in that corner

More likely I'll tackle Hina and Tangaroa-Ru, who should be pretty simple. Anyone know if Disney still has Uti in stock? (I'll try and call tomorrow.)

[ This Message was edited by: Joshua Bell 2014-04-27 19:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Joshua Bell 2014-04-27 19:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Joshua Bell 2014-04-27 19:40 ]

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-05 10:32 am   Permalink

What a great project! I love paper mache too, it's amazing what you can do with it. I enjoyed seeing your progress here very much and they turned out just fabulous.

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 08:15 am   Permalink

This is fantastic. Wonderful work and companion pieces to Uti and Pele. (And yes, they still have Uti in stock)

Also- what is the name of the tiki mug you used for a comparison shot? I'd love to add that to my collection.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-13 5:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-13 08:15, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
(And yes, they still have Uti in stock)

Yep! I called the other week, and one should be en-route to my little ETR at the moment, although I'm lounging about in Switzerland at the moment.

Quote:

Also- what is the name of the tiki mug you used for a comparison shot? I'd love to add that to my collection.

It's a vintage Tiki Bob c/o my loving wife!

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 06:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-13 17:51, Joshua Bell wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-05-13 08:15, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
(And yes, they still have Uti in stock)

Yep! I called the other week, and one should be en-route to my little ETR at the moment, although I'm lounging about in Switzerland at the moment.

Quote:

It's a vintage Tiki Bob c/o my loving wife!

Enjoy Swiss!

And off to hunt for a Tiki Bob's...

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 10:08 am   Permalink

Try not to gain weight when you have your meals in the dining room. With all that eye candy it could happen. This has been a fun ride I hope the trip is not over, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-10 9:38 pm   Permalink

I'm not saying I'm working on another one.

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-26 08:52 am   Permalink

Any forward progress on the new one?

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-26 10:53 am   Permalink

Traveling at the moment and all I have handy is this pre-skinning image of Hina's lower body - I'm making her in three parts.

I left her torso and lower body assembled and drying at home, but I'd already painted her head. Next up: touch ups - sanding, another coat of papier mache including attaching her head, then painting.

[ This Message was edited by: Joshua Bell 2014-06-26 19:43 ]

Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 29 days ago; 7:35 pm   Permalink

Time for more sanding and some touch-ups.

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 7:50 pm   Permalink

Great job man. Good stuff...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation