FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Papier-mâché Enchanted Tiki Room Drummer Gods, Ngendei, Hina-Kaluua and Maui
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Papier-mâché Enchanted Tiki Room Drummer Gods, Ngendei, Hina-Kaluua and Maui
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-04 6:14 pm   Permalink

Amazing work, very fresh idea.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-17 2:54 pm   Permalink

I finally had a chance to add that "seasonal" highlight to Hina, so she's now more of a rain goddess:

Ah, the sprinkle that startles first timers in the ETR garden - unless I claim that prime spot first and enjoy the refreshing shower. Here there are no puddles to clean up, at least!

No other build news to share on this thread, but I did do an exploratory sketch a few months back:

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-01-17 8:38 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Tinsel? I also like the Indiana Jones at the South Pole

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-24 2:44 pm   Permalink

Time to bust out the cardboard, paper, flour, salt and water again...

Not done skinning it yet, but the cardboard was getting soggy so I had to stop for the time being. Dried out nice and fast in the sun.

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-24 2:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-17 20:38, MadDogMike wrote:
Very nice! Tinsel? I also like the Indiana Jones at the South Pole

Yep - tinsel! Had the idea from the get-go but didn't see any in stores and forgot until the holiday season rolled around.

And thanks - Indy is another hobby, but I didn't get to play in the snow until I visited my folks back in Calgary over the holidays.

Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-30 6:56 pm   Permalink

Base coat:

... and mostly-finished paint job, including weathering:

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-01-30 8:43 pm   Permalink

You are so good at this. Keep it up. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-12 09:39 am   Permalink

Awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-13 4:06 pm   Permalink

You continue to impress. Kudos.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-13 6:45 pm   Permalink

Nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-18 02:12 am   Permalink

Incredibly cool! Are these weather proof?

As for Maui, you could make a motorized belt that would push marbles into the dipper bamboo and have it work the same way as water. Just a thought.

They all look GREAT!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation