[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Star Wars tiki bar
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Star Wars tiki bar
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 05:55 am   Permalink

So I'm finally getting a room I can do up in the new house we move into this weekend and I'm planning on doing it up in a combo of my two favorite things Star Wars and tiki. The working name so far is The Dagobar. In rum, peace you will find.

Hoping I can find some inspiration on here somewhere on tying it all together. I've got some ideas but feel free to throw anything out there that pops in your head.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 06:47 am   Permalink

DagoBar? You Italian?

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-26 07:35 am   Permalink

Longboard, it's a play on Dagobah, but I think you know that. The system that Yoda retreated to after the Jedi Purge and where Luke went to get his Jedi training.

Yep, I'm a nerd.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2014-02-26 07:37 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 11:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-26 05:55, Surf tiki wrote:
So I'm finally getting a room I can do up in the new house we move into this weekend and I'm planning on doing it up in a combo of my two favorite things Star Wars and tiki. The working name so far is The Dagobar. In rum, peace you will find.

Hoping I can find some inspiration on here somewhere on tying it all together. I've got some ideas but feel free to throw anything out there that pops in your head.

Surf, dat’s a clever name (“DagoBar”), lookin forward to seeing your progress.
Lori, Mahalo for your-input. I always enjoy your posts.
David

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-02-26 11:07 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 12:47 pm   Permalink

Honestly, I don't know anything about Starwars.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 12:54 pm   Permalink

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 5:10 pm   Permalink

Awesome pic! I already have a few ideas to try to tie the two together. I'm going to do a stormtrooper (or mandelorian) mask with a moko and there's a guy that has a awesome blog called Surfing Trooper that's going to send me some hi res pictures I can print out. Pretty much just going for if there was a tiki bar in the Star Wars universe. It will have some sort of bamboo rack by the door to hang your blasters and light sabers from and Im thinking maybe some 8x10 "autographed" head shots from characters from the movies that would have visited.

[ This Message was edited by: Surf tiki 2014-02-26 18:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Surf tiki 2014-02-26 18:10 ]

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-26 7:04 pm   Permalink

Congratulations on securing your bar space...or should I say space bar. So many folks blend other passions in with Tiki, so you will certainly get lots of ideas here. (I have a little Vampire mixed in with my Tiki.) May the rum be with you.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 8:12 pm   Permalink

In lieu of hanging Japanese glass fishing floats, you can substitute globes, planets, Death Stars, etc. Perhaps string lights on the ceiling in the shape/pattern of a pinwheel like the Milky Way...

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-27 10:00 am   Permalink

Vamp- that was classic
HotTiki- u da man

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-27 9:02 pm   Permalink

Those are great hang10...especially like Mr. Bali Hai and the last Moai.

Get to building on that bar...we got your back!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-27 9:44 pm   Permalink

OMG!!!! toooooo funny!!! cant wait to see the new star wars tiki bar!!!! that's a great idea and probably the first one on here!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-27 9:57 pm   Permalink

Genius. Great name, too.
I'm a little afraid to show the husbandbot this thread!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-27 10:41 pm   Permalink

Awesome- and great to see a new bar discussion (w/o any pics) get such a response. I love the name. Jon/ Hang10, amazing photoshops. The last one almost killed me.

So many options for this bar, look forward to seeing it happen.

Though not tiki at all, there's a fantastic R2D2 cooler that's floating around (on Ebay, etc) that could be filled with rum...? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-R2-D2-Pepsi-Cooler-NIB-/331139132171)

All the best from San Dago....

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 07:34 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the positive feedback! These pics will be the main pieces to tie it all together.

It won't be so much a bar (since it's the guest room) as a place for me to geek out to my TV shows and movies. I've got a good number of tiki/surf items I'll stick in there and somewhere I still have a box of my Star Wars action figures I can stash all over the place. I also saw an almost 3' Darth Vader the other day I'm going to get and put a toddler Hawaiian shirt on. There's also a local guy that does really cool abstract Star Wars paintings that I think my wife is going to have do one for me. And yeah, I have the stormtrooper, Chewie, Yoda and Darth Vader goblets to mix in with my tiki mugs.

[ This Message was edited by: Surf tiki 2014-02-28 07:41 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation