Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Star Wars tiki bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Star Wars tiki bar
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-28 08:35 am   Permalink

Maori Stormtrooper helmet.

Darth Vader helmet painted by Shag.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 09:56 am   Permalink

I love that the trooper helmet has Boba Fett range finder on it.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-28 12:50 pm   Permalink

Surf tiki, I think it has the rangefinder because Daniel Logan, the kid that played young Boba Fett, helped design the helmet.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-10 11:08 am   Permalink

starting to collect some items now that we're all moved in. Painting is going to pose an issue since I doubt my wife will let me paint the baseboard or closet doors. Maybe a fabric cover for the doors will work. Most of the art will be either mugs or paintings/pictures so I need to find some more dimensional stuff. Did some fun little photoshoppy type stuff this weekend.

I've got an old bamboo serving tray I'll probably mount one of them to and hang up.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-11 3:04 pm   Permalink

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=276691282473250&set=a.115633648579015.19986.115245051951208&type=1&theater

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2014-03-11 15:06 ]

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 5:58 pm   Permalink

First ever "commissioned" piece. Awesome custom limited edition tangaroa sculpt/painting from Zerostreet, AKA Tiki Tower, AKA Robert Jimenez.

[ This Message was edited by: Surf tiki 2014-03-26 18:02 ]

MissClaireTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-27 10:26 am   Permalink

Your concept is really interesting, please post some pics of your progress.

[ This Message was edited by: MissClaireTiki 2014-03-27 10:28 ]

View Profile of MissClaireTiki Send a personal message to MissClaireTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 1:14 pm   Permalink

At the moment it's just a lot of stuff waiting to go together. Found a paint I like yesterday so hopefully the wall will get some color in the next few days.

Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 10:06 am   Permalink

Finally made some progress. I'm sure the art will continue to move around until I find the right layout but at least it's going up. Have a few pieces from TC members in there. Sam Gambino print, BenzArt mug, framed post cards and multimedia piece from Robert Jimenez. I converted the trooper helmet in the water lilies to a painted canvas print and it came out really cool. It will never go full out matted walls style tiki lounge since it is the guest room as well as the "man cave" and I frankly don't like the smell. Have a vintage record player on the way to spin tunes on also. I also need to build a rack to hang my light sabers from (weapons free area) and put up a shelf for my collection of beer and wine bottles with skulls on them (totally unrelated to the rest of the room).

spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-01 07:42 am   Permalink

This is the best ever!!!!!!! Love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was an idea I had for a while while I was doing ceramics; I wanted to make a mystery drink bowl with Vader helmets as legs, but more moai looking? The bowl would have been a half of Death Star.
I suck at sketchin, but you get the idea...

Can't wait to see more!!! This is right up my alley...

Thanks for sharing!

-Lena.

View Profile of spiked Send a personal message to spiked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-01 08:23 am   Permalink

Thanks, it's certainly going to be a work in progress. Got a old WW2 era steamer trunk the other that that I put on it end in the corner to hold the record player and and I'm still waiting on a Boba Fett pinup print. It's going to be an effort in trying not to go tooo Star Wars since that's way easier to find around here than tiki stuff. Debating wall mounting the TV so that I can put a frame around it with a cover to hide it.

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-16 07:43 am   Permalink

I thought of your build when I came across these party lights:
http://www.oogalights.com/Star-Wars-R2D2-Party-String-Lights.aspx

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation