Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Pirate Treasure Exhibit San Diego
Pirate Treasure Exhibit San Diego
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-26 7:43 pm   Permalink

"Real Pirates" exhibition of actual treasure from the ship Whydah at the San Diego Museum of Natural History now 'til 9/1/14

"The year was 1717. Valuable cargos were being shipped across the Atlantic. Piracy was at an all-time high. Sam Bellamy and his fearsome flotilla had just captured the slave ship Whydah on her way to England, laden with gold and silver. But before the crew had a chance to divvy up the abundant spoils, a storm would send the ship, its treasure, and 143 men to the bottom of the sea. Discover the perils and privileges of 18th century pirate life as you explore more than 200 authentic artifacts recovered from her wreck.

On view at theNAT for a limited engagement, Real Pirates: The Untold Story of the Whydah from Slave Ship to Pirate Ship tells the story of the only authenticated pirate shipwreck discovered in U.S. waters."

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 9:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks - I saw something about this the other day but didn't get the whole scoop. I always forget to actually GO to these things.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 10:04 pm   Permalink

I was really disappointed that I missed this when it came to Denver. I lives me some good pirate booty!

Q: What did the pirate say on Wheel of Fortune?
A: I'd like to buy an arrrrr!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-27 12:52 pm   Permalink

if you do go to this it looks like the Maritime Museum of San Diego
and the Midway Museum are both near by this.
They are both great!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation