FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Wannahockaloogie Lounge formally Jungle Cruise yard....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Wannahockaloogie Lounge formally Jungle Cruise yard....
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-30 09:19 am   Permalink

Hey Dale, here are a few pics of Trader Sam's that I've used for inspiration....

my next sign, taken from a photo in the Pacific during WWII...

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-30 8:08 pm   Permalink

Love the Falling Coconuts sign. LOL

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-05 7:22 pm   Permalink

had a few days off due to a horrible tooth ache, finally saw the dentist today and was able to spend a little time in the garage Jungle Cruise area; of course, the best part is this is my view out my front door and my open garage!

found this old pump at a local antique store for next to nothing on sunday....

made this sign based on a pic in the Indiana Jones ride

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stormrider
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-05 7:38 pm   Permalink

How do you keep everything in the perfect combination of clean/unkempt. Your stuff is amazing.

Storm

View Profile of stormrider Send a personal message to stormrider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 07:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-05 19:38, stormrider wrote:
How do you keep everything in the perfect combination of clean/unkempt. Your stuff is amazing.

Storm

lol Thanks Storm, that's easy, all my lumber, windows and most ammo boxes were kept outside, so they all have a natural patina to them, I give them a light brushing off and presto ! as for the items on the walls, they usually never go out side anymore, well, at least till I out build the garage and move into the side yard. that's whats so great about my new place, lots of room to expand!!!
Funny thing is I still havnt done anything to the new tiki hut, still have too many ideas and don't wanna do it twice lol
thanks again for your kind words!
paul

had a chance to convert an old ammo box into a makeshift field desk, after a little paint, some sanding and instant period field desk!

[ This Message was edited by: Pele Paul 2014-05-06 07:28 ]

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 08:32 am   Permalink

What's up with the zebra pics?

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-06 08:32, jimsflies wrote:
What's up with the zebra pics?

The zebras are outside my front door which ties in with the jungle cruise theme

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-12 10:25 am   Permalink

Ok, I just have to know....why do you have zebras outside your front door? I love it, and for some reason I'm not terribly surprised you have zebras for a view (not sure why I'm not surprised). Near me I have a small farm with sheep and was shocked to see a Llama running around with them one day. HAHA

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-12 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-12 10:25, littlegiles wrote:
Ok, I just have to know....why do you have zebras outside your front door? I love it, and for some reason I'm not terribly surprised you have zebras for a view (not sure why I'm not surprised). Near me I have a small farm with sheep and was shocked to see a Llama running around with them one day. HAHA

- Dale

Thanks Dale,
Yea across from me is a large estate where the father had every type of African animal imaginable at one time; zebras, Emu's, lions, giraffes, and more! but sadly after he passed away, his sons decided it was too costly to continue the upkeep of the animals, and now all we have are the Zebras and bison. in fact, that was one of the selling points for buying the house was the view and the animals! plus it ties in nicely with the house/yard/garage!

paul

SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-12 6:42 pm   Permalink

Room's looking great, getting nice and layered. I can't believe you kept those Zebra's secret til now!

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-12 8:31 pm   Permalink

thanks so much!
I was lucky with the high winds we had, I was able to find a load of lumber from numerous fences to add to the jungle cruise area!
cant wait to get started.......

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 08:46 am   Permalink

well, after stockpiling tons of old reclaimed wood, Im ready to start putting it up on the wall of the tiki bar!!!

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 10:27 am   Permalink

I think the view out front is great! Can't wait to see the new, old wood put to good use.

- Dale

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 10:37 am   Permalink

after a few hours outside, its starting to get pretty hot, so time for a break....

Malibu-tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-14 2:34 pm   Permalink

Nice to see your glamorous assistant helping out!

View Profile of Malibu-tiki Send a personal message to Malibu-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation