FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Wannahockaloogie Lounge formally Jungle Cruise yard....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Wannahockaloogie Lounge formally Jungle Cruise yard....
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-01 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-01 12:09, SoCal Savage wrote:
Congrats on the house. We're lucky that we still have some of these (mostly) untouched time capsule here in Southern Cali. You did such a great job on your Jungle Cruise yard that I didn't realize it was such a small space. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the new one.

Thanks so much!! yea my patio here is something like 20 x 12 feet!! so I had to cram a bunch of crap into a small space! thank god the new place is huge!!! and I don't have an HOA to deal with and I can build up if I need to lol!!!
Everyone in the so cal area is invited to a house warming party once we get in and get settled and when it warms up lol!!! FREE DRINKS all around!!!!
thanks guys!!! I so love this forum and being able to share my love of tiki and the whole culture!!!

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-01 12:35 pm   Permalink

so here's the kitchen, at first the GF was like omg its ugly, but then she got onboard when I showed her all the retro ideas I had for it!!! Enough to make Carol Brady and Alice green with Envy!!!!!

And I've been pulling ideas out of a book and the web, gonna be a cross hybrid of Don Draper and Walt Disney !!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-01 12:38 pm   Permalink

Congrats! I can't wait to see the transformation.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-01 12:40 pm   Permalink

Congrats! I can't wait to see the transformation.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

thanks again!!! yea Im so jazzed right now, I cant sleep and I feel lie a little kid waiting for xmas!!! I keep a notebook by the bed to jot down ideas at night when I cant sleep lol!!
and or spend my time looking on pintrist or on ebay!!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-01 1:15 pm   Permalink

Well after fixing up & restoring an old 50s home (The Atomic Tiki Lounge)
I can offer some tips, don't be afraid to buy vintage furniture that
is not in the best shape & restore it yourself, if you don't mind the work, you can save a ton of money

you can easily refinish cabinet doors & by replacing the handles & door pulls with new modern hardware
can make a big difference for just a little work & money.

Don't go cheap on counters, they will get scratched up in no time.

You can see what I have done here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=35884&forum=20&start=105&hilite=Atomic%20Tiki%20Lounge

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-01 4:12 pm   Permalink

You are doing it right...planning ahead with pictures and adjusting how you want yours to look as helpful. I have my whole house done up in Power Point and it helped me to finalize my rooms.

Your place is gonna be smokin'...take your time and get your own groove.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NASH GRADY
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-01 5:21 pm   Permalink

congrats on the new pad! looking forward to seeing it transform.

View Profile of NASH GRADY Send a personal message to NASH GRADY      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-02 6:30 pm   Permalink

thanks Nash!!! looks like about 3 weeks we should be in our new home, god Im so over my old home, lol

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-02 10:15 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple of sites for your style.

http://www.barsandbooths.com/custom-furniture/counter-tops/

http://www.retroplanet.com/CTGY/Kitchen_Dinette_Sets

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-09 07:51 am   Permalink

What a gem you found--love all that original tile! Another great resource, of course, is retrorenovation.com--lots of tips there on working on midcentury homes. You have so many fun options to choose from when it comes to decorating, you're going to have a blast. Can't wait to see the final results. Congrats!

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-10 10:22 am   Permalink

Congrats on the vintage home! Can't wait to see what you do with the space. I just finished working on a midcentury ranch, but not nearly as cool as ATP.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-11 5:24 pm   Permalink

thanks everyone for the kind words and tips!! the GF just got to see it for the first time on sat! paced off the back yard and it appears to be about 85'x 100' with several fruit trees and plenty of room for mass Tiki infliction !!

[ This Message was edited by: Pele Paul 2014-03-11 17:29 ]

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-11 5:36 pm   Permalink

Keep us posted on the transformation and be sure to try to have fun! It's a lot of work but worth it in the end. And keep posting pictures!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-11 8:38 pm   Permalink

I forgot to mention the working wood burning fire place and gorgeous wood floors underneath the carpet, so I cant wait to pull em up and get to work on em' not to mention all the palm trees going in the backyard! And....................Tikis in the front yard!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation