Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Republic tikis
Tiki Republic tikis
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-02 2:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha to my carving brothers an sisters. I've been concentrating on learning the tiki mug process since I've been on TC. Although I have yet to comment in this section I have been following and enjoying every post. I started carving a few years ago and still do it when I get time. I just finished the Marguesan tiki a few days ago. I also transformed my backyard into my own utopian island. I'll post images in the backyard tiki bar section.

This is a shot of some of the tikis that I've carved on the deck and canopy that I also built in...Arizona. The backyard use to be desert landscaped. I didn't need to be reminded of how freakin hot it gets here so I decided to do something about that.

This is me with my first attempt at carving a full body tiki. It's about 5 feet.

This is is my rendition of that ol Rollin Stones poster with the waggin tongue, lol. Whassssuuuup! I like to notice and incorporate the bark in my tikis when ever possible.

This is my retro 60's look. It's about 3 feet tall and my favorite. I've started transforming the backyard in the background.

This is a group shot of some of the first tikis that I carved. My rendention of the Frankoma War God on the far right.

This is the 5ft Marquesan tiki that I finished a few days ago while I was waiting for some tiki mugs to be fired.

Mahalo for checkin it out, Pierre

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2014-03-02 13:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2014-03-02 13:47 ]

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-02 2:26 pm   Permalink

Welcome aboard Tiki Republic, cool tikis and environment indeed!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-02 3:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dan or Wendy. I'm familiar with your posts in the mug category. I really admire your work with the tiki mugs. You guys make me wanna jump on a flight to Sacremento to visit and learn what I can from you. Pierre

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-02 3:07 pm   Permalink

looks like you're havin' fun.

is that you in the pic bro?

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-02 4:03 pm   Permalink

Yep, that's moi! I went to town on that backyard. I'll post pics in the backyard bar section tomorrow. I have a beach party once a year that my friends ask me about all year round. Guess they need to get their island on real bad, lol!

DHTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-03 09:29 am   Permalink

Nice job on the tikis, and good looking back yard.

We've got a couple things in common - we both live in the Phoenix area and both have dreads!

Keep up the good work...

View Profile of DHTiki Send a personal message to DHTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 11:47 am   Permalink

You've some good carves going AND a nice quiver of surfboards as well. Looks like a great place to hand out.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 10:43 pm   Permalink

Busy busy
Keep it up

Cheers

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-11 2:19 pm   Permalink

nice carves and awesome backyard! love the marq!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-09-08 7:24 pm   Permalink

After two freakin years of learnining on how to make tiki mugs I decided to get some carvin in. Not that I don't love the the mugs that I created, I just needed to get some carving outta my system.

This 6 footer has been sittin in my backyard curing for 3 years.

Left side

Right side.

Mahalo.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2014-09-08 19:31 ]

nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-16 07:27 am   Permalink

Nice Work

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-16 07:33 am   Permalink

Nice Work!!!!

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-16 08:01 am   Permalink

that last one looks kinda familiar!

I recently did one just like it. lol..

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-09-17 5:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks Nice Work! I like what you're doin as well. The ice bears, ice tikis, food carvings...all your stuff. Glad to see another tikiphile jump in. If you're lookin for more inspiration check out Tiki Magazine. Welcome aboard.

PJC5150, I like what you and 4WDTiki do. I am pushing myself to a new limits as appose to just knocking out generic tikis. There's a huge and growing Polynesian community out here. I wanna pay them respect by creating tikis that they would like to have. That last piece was just practice to what I'm about to start on.

Bill Collins if your reading this let me know. I'm an airline employee and can find my way to Lihue just to check your work out in person.

Mahalo

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation