Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Republic tikis
Tiki Republic tikis
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-02 2:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha to my carving brothers an sisters. I've been concentrating on learning the tiki mug process since I've been on TC. Although I have yet to comment in this section I have been following and enjoying every post. I started carving a few years ago and still do it when I get time. I just finished the Marguesan tiki a few days ago. I also transformed my backyard into my own utopian island. I'll post images in the backyard tiki bar section.

This is a shot of some of the tikis that I've carved on the deck and canopy that I also built in...Arizona. The backyard use to be desert landscaped. I didn't need to be reminded of how freakin hot it gets here so I decided to do something about that.

This is me with my first attempt at carving a full body tiki. It's about 5 feet.

This is is my rendition of that ol Rollin Stones poster with the waggin tongue, lol. Whassssuuuup! I like to notice and incorporate the bark in my tikis when ever possible.

This is my retro 60's look. It's about 3 feet tall and my favorite. I've started transforming the backyard in the background.

This is a group shot of some of the first tikis that I carved. My rendention of the Frankoma War God on the far right.

This is the 5ft Marquesan tiki that I finished a few days ago while I was waiting for some tiki mugs to be fired.

Mahalo for checkin it out, Pierre

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2014-03-02 13:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2014-03-02 13:47 ]

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-02 2:26 pm   Permalink

Welcome aboard Tiki Republic, cool tikis and environment indeed!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-02 3:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dan or Wendy. I'm familiar with your posts in the mug category. I really admire your work with the tiki mugs. You guys make me wanna jump on a flight to Sacremento to visit and learn what I can from you. Pierre

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-02 3:07 pm   Permalink

looks like you're havin' fun.

is that you in the pic bro?

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-02 4:03 pm   Permalink

Yep, that's moi! I went to town on that backyard. I'll post pics in the backyard bar section tomorrow. I have a beach party once a year that my friends ask me about all year round. Guess they need to get their island on real bad, lol!

DHTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-03 09:29 am   Permalink

Nice job on the tikis, and good looking back yard.

We've got a couple things in common - we both live in the Phoenix area and both have dreads!

Keep up the good work...

View Profile of DHTiki Send a personal message to DHTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 11:47 am   Permalink

You've some good carves going AND a nice quiver of surfboards as well. Looks like a great place to hand out.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 10:43 pm   Permalink

Busy busy
Keep it up

Cheers

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-11 2:19 pm   Permalink

nice carves and awesome backyard! love the marq!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation