[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Republic tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki Republic tikis
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-09 1:44 pm   Permalink

Tango Lookin good

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-12-21 2:38 pm   Permalink

Six foot Hawaiian "Warrior" tiki.

Picked up the traditional Hawaiian war weapon while in the islands earlier this year.

Grrrr! The tiki and his maker getting our island on.
www.tikirepublic.com

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic  Email Tiki Republic Goto the website of Tiki Republic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-15 5:27 pm   Permalink

Just some of the goodies that I've been getting ready for the Arizona Aloha Festival, Tempe, Arizona, March 11-12. It's a free event from 10a to 5p both days. www.azalohafest.org

You can find me at:

www.tikirepublic.com

www.facebook.com/tikirepublicbypierremosley

Oh yeah, the Tiki Republic mugs have been excavated from the jungles and are available at the website. I'll also have them at the Arizona Aloha Fest.

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic  Email Tiki Republic Goto the website of Tiki Republic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-16 6:58 pm   Permalink

Lookin Good Bruddah
Keep it up

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-08 10:11 am   Permalink

The Arizona heat, 100 degrees easily doesn't stop the focused carvers.

https://tikirepublic.com/

https://www.facebook.com/tikirepublicbypierremosley/

Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-28 2:21 pm   Permalink

It's hot as hell in Arizona. The temperature outside has finally dropped below 110 degrees. I was outside starting to hallucinate thinking that I was in Hawaii. I then started feelin tribal before I passed out. This is what I found when I came to.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-28 4:35 pm   Permalink

Cheers

Tiki-boss
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-09-09 07:42 am   Permalink

Nice work Pierre, don't know how u do it in this heat!

View Profile of Tiki-boss Send a personal message to Tiki-boss      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-13 05:37 am   Permalink

Nice job on the mug!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-10-04 7:11 pm   Permalink

Newest member of the Tiki Republic.

This is a hand carved Hawaiian tiki from Mexican Fan Palm. Like many of the tikis you see displayed in the islands, this is a tiki complete with the tribal designs on the back.

On the front is a tiki face. Tikis generally represent protection. I gave this one a large nose for sniffing, meaning it can sense danger before seeing it.

On the back is a large tribal design at the top resembling an upside down bush. This is the Hawaiian symbol for royalty.

The row of small curls symbols are named Koru. Koru represent harmony and new beginnings.

Polynesians highly regard the ocean as their final destination when they pass away, therefore the ocean can represent death and the afterlife. The ocean has a dual meaning in that it also represents a food source, fertility, and persistence. The ocean is the complete lifecycle.

The Spearheads are common images used to express courage, dominance and willpower.

When the tribal designs a placed adjacent to one another they create greater meanings.

I consider myself a student of tiki and of Polynesian tatu. I have a lot of friends from the Hawaiian islands, Tonga, Samoa, New Zealand the Philippines and more. Learning as much as I can about the different islands keeps me continually searching for accurate information. As asked, I then try to pass that information along to educate the masses in what they're looking at when they see my tikis. Anything less is disrespect to all of them.

You can find me at
www.tikirepublic.com, on fb as Tiki Republic by Pierre Mosley and I'll post the tikis here as well.

Mahalo, Pierre

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-07 06:16 am   Permalink

Nice stuff Pierre. Love the tone of your stains. And the leaf work on that mug - awesome!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-10-07 07:47 am   Permalink

Thanks BigT, I wanted a mug that had multiple colors and a lot of detail. It's suppose to resemble a tiki coming outta the utopian jungles of the Tiki Republic. I also named it "Outta the Jungle" as a metaphor. With the detail and multi colors, hopefully it will stand at in the jungle of collectors tiki mug collections.
Just havin fun with it.
As far as the stains go, I just use a clear polyurethane sealant from Home Depot on the tiki's when I'm done. I don't know what the actual color will be until the sealant hits the wood.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2017-10-07 07:53 ]

Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 28 days ago; 6:13 pm   Permalink

Just finished this bad boy. I would like to dedicate it to all my friends from Hawaii and to those into the island lifestyle. As much as I hate to see it go it has already found an island home in the valley (Phoenix, Arizona). #tikirepublic #badasstikis #hawaiiantiki #arizonacarver

You can find me on fb at Tiki Republic by Pierre Mosley, at
www.tikirepublic.com, on twitter, pinterest and Instagram as tiki republic. I'm a busy fool, lol.

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 27 days ago; 10:46 am   Permalink

Nice work TR!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation