[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Republic tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Republic tikis
nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-13 7:45 pm   Permalink

awesome work!

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-14 07:43 am   Permalink

Thanks nicework. I've been diggin your work as well. I'm up at 3:45 am to be at work by 5am. I work 10 hour days now. I wish I had more time in a day to carve. I'm pushing forward though.I'll be knockin out more here real soon. Committing to a booth at a Polynesian Festival in March has me pumped. Keep up the good work. Your experience as an ice carver shows in your work. I liked the recent one with the frog. That waz tha shiznit!

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic  Email Tiki Republic Goto the website of Tiki Republic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-04-12 8:16 pm   Permalink

I've been busy spendin time at the grind, building a website, creating a fb page, blogging and hustling to promote Tiki Republic. That didn't keep me from viewing what you guys have been up to though. It also didn't keep me from carvin. I've tried to expand my skills by carving in different styles.

Side shot of a Marquesan. I put down the chainsaw and picked up the chisels for this one. Thanks for the influence 4WDtiki.

Front shot of the Marq.

This was from looking at Doug Hornes work too much.

A quick freestyle retro.

Easter Isle.

Retro.

First attempt at a Marquesan bust.

I didn't like the eyes and the mouth was too wide. I studied images and tried again with the Marq up top.

This was just freestyle. Reminds me of what a Chihuahua would look like if it was a tiki, lol.

Side shot to show the chisel detail.

Mahalo y'all.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2015-04-13 20:44 ]

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic  Email Tiki Republic Goto the website of Tiki Republic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-13 11:55 am   Permalink

Nice stuff TR!! Hard to get any carving done when ya work for a livin huh?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-04-13 8:57 pm   Permalink

Big T, I just went through all your pages and was very impressed. There are a lot ideas there that I have in my head. I have a stash of palms that I'll be carving into full body Hawaiian and Marqs similar to what you've done but on a larger scale.
Work does get in my way but I get a lot of energy carvin so I organize my time better in order to do both.

Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-02 4:52 pm   Permalink

Some of the goodies that I've been working on lately.

Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-03 04:48 am   Permalink

You've got something for every one there.
Nice job.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-03 09:00 am   Permalink

Thanks will carve. I don't know what to expect at this event so I did something as you mentioned...something for everyone.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation