FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Tiki Pop, Musee du Quai Branley in Paris, France, June 2014
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Pop, Musee du Quai Branley in Paris, France, June 2014
El Buho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-03 06:46 am   Permalink

As nearly everybody knows about the upcoming exhibition in Paris, it was HaiKais suggestion to have a kind of get together on the evening before the show opens. So, any ideas? Who will participate? Lets do something quite nice over here in good ol' Europe at this great occasion!

View Profile of El Buho Send a personal message to El Buho  Email El Buho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 6:25 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a good time. I wish I could make it across the big pond.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 7:53 pm   Permalink

Me too, Trav. At least I have a couple of pieces in the show.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Buho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-11 04:29 am   Permalink

At least something happened ion this threat. Alright, as far as I know, Hai Kai Sarnes, Moritz R. and Jimmy Virani will be there. I contacted some British Guys but got no response... Somebody from the US?

View Profile of El Buho Send a personal message to El Buho  Email El Buho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-17 9:06 pm   Permalink

If someone in Paris will bring a HD projector, I'll be at this gathering with a video from last years Tiki Oasis and a slide show that can run all night. I'll be in Paris June 6th for my brothers exhibit across the river from the Brantley at Palais de Tokyo museum of modern art. They are open until midnight so if anyone wants to check it out one evening before Sven's show, let's do it. Michael McMillen installation art is in museums all over the world. There are some photos of Pavilion of Rain which is a houseboat floated at a dock belonging to a Ww2 pilot at night and it rains every few minutes. He worked as a model maker building miniatures for films like Close Encounters, 1941 and Blade Runner.
I'll be in Paris June 2 to June 10, then back a few days before Sven's show. So who is going to be in town?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-20 9:26 pm   Permalink

I will be in Paris for the opening - representing the U.S. Arriving on June 20 (just a few days after Hukilau ends), departing June 28.

I'm staying at the Eiffel 7 Hotel (a 10 minute walk (?) from the quai Branly)

Its been 14 years since my last Paris trip . . . my goals for this trip is exhibit opening, cocktail lounges, and many museums . . . and whatever else others might suggest.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-25 4:34 pm   Permalink

Have fun Vern! Take lots of pics!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 10:08 pm   Permalink

We will be there from Monday till Wedenesday, There is something going on at Born Bad and will be going to Le tiki bar and Dirty Dicks all with a few other British Tikiphiles( I will post more up when we have details!)

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-01 4:40 pm   Permalink

My lovely wife and I will be attending the museum opening. Arrive in Paris on June 20 and stay through June 25. It would be great to set a time to meet some of the other Tiki travelers and do a crawl to Le Tiki and Dirty Dick's. Shoot me a PM with email contact info if you are interested.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-02 08:38 am   Permalink

The Festival des Arts d'Hawai'i will also be going on the musée du quai Branly starting June 27.

www.festivalartsdhawaii.com/

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2014-06-02 08:40 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Buho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-03 04:58 am   Permalink

Alright, there will be at least two guys from Austria joining the tribe on June, the 24th at the Born Bad...

TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-04 01:04 am   Permalink

We are arriving on Monday 23rd June, and think that most of the English tiki crowd are going to the Born Bad party on the Monday night, and then Tuesday at the museum, then the Born Bad party on the Tuesday night, also on either one of these nights or both, we will be doing the Le Tiki lounge and Dirty Dick's, and then we come home on the Wednesday evening of the 25th, but would be great to meet up with you all, and make a great few days with like minded people from around the World!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-07 6:47 pm   Permalink

Arrived in Paris via Air Tahiti from LAX. The in flight movies had lots of Tiki. planning on being back from Italy before Sven's show and going to the Tiki bars. See you all in Paris. If anyone wants to go to the Palais de Tokyo across the Seine to see my brothers installation, let me know, it just opened on June 6th. He transported 40 tons of material to Paris including a small Tiki he carved as a child in the fifties. Took me a while to find it but I finally found in in one of the rooms. If you do a search for Pavilion of Rain here on TC, you will see another installation of a WW 2 pilots house boat on a rainy night floating dock side. PM me if you want to go before Tiki Pop in Paris opens.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-07 6:59 pm   Permalink

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-09 9:10 pm   Permalink

I believe Jonpaul Balak and Marie will be there.
after they go to Italy for Surfer Joe festival.

have fun,
please post pics here for those of us not on FB.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation