[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Smuggler's Cove: The Book
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Smuggler's Cove: The Book
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2014-03-03 11:54 am   Permalink

Aloha Centralites,

I’m very excited to let you all know that I am writing a new book about Smuggler’s Cove, rum, and the tiki revival! I was offered a deal by Ten Speed Press (an imprint of Random House) who have published great cocktail books by Scott Beattie, Employees Only, Death & Co., and more. This will be a big coffee table book with lots of great photography and illustrations and I can’t wait. When I was developing the proposal for the book, one of the driving inspirations was to really make this book a celebration of the tiki community and all of the fantastic artists who make it such a uniquely creative group. We’ll look at the art, the events, the music- as much as will be possible within this format, I’d like it to be partly a scrapbook of the revival. I hope that I’ll be able to speak with and work with as many of you as I can.

So I just wanted to give you all a heads up, and thank you again for all of the tremendous support over the years. The next adventure begins!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 12:11 pm   Permalink

That's great! Congratulations. I'm really curious to see what shape this book will take (I'm guessing rectangular ).
"You can't eat real Polynesian food. It's the most horrible junk I've ever tasted." —Trader Vic Bergeron

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-03 12:12 pm   Permalink

Congratulations! I look forward to buying it.

View Profile of scottxwl Send a personal message to scottxwl  Email scottxwl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 12:16 pm   Permalink

Pretty awesome!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 1:02 pm   Permalink

Awesome news! Good luck on such a huge undertaking, and eagerly looking forward to the finished book!

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 4:04 pm   Permalink

Martin that's awesome. CONGRATS. You know what I would like to see in the book? You open up to a certain page and your how to make a Mai-Tai youtube video pops out at the reader like the hologram of Princess Leia shot out of R2D2. I know... weird but coooool.
I once was lost.....but now I'm found.....

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 4:15 pm   Permalink

Congrats! Looking forward to reading this and putting it on my shelf of hallowed Tiki tomes.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 10:15 am   Permalink

excellent news Martin - congrats!

Can't wait to see Smuggler the movie - perhaps Bruce Willis as the lead (of course only if Clooney is not available)...
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an enthusiast.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 10:22 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 11:20 am   Permalink

Congrats! Can't wait to see it!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 6:05 pm   Permalink

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 7:12 pm   Permalink

Very Nice! Looking forward to the release.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman

Posted: 2014-03-04 7:39 pm   Permalink

This should be interesting.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Site Administrator

Posted: 2014-03-04 7:40 pm   Permalink

This is gonna be great. Can't wait! Congrats Martin!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-04 9:08 pm   Permalink

How fun!!! Looking forward to all the expertise you will be sharing, in word and in pictures. Congratulations.
"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation