advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Drink blenders
Drink blenders
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-21 8:02 pm   Permalink

Hello tiki-drink mixers! Anyone bought or had experience with using one of those cocktail-size drink blenders? The kind that makes just one or two drinks at most? Any brand names to suggest? Also does anyone with a tiki bar also keep a small frig (for stowing extra coconut cream and fresh fruits) and a juicer handy at their bar? Can anyone share any tiki bar pix?
"You no escape when Bali Hai call you!"

View Profile of coconutz Send a personal message to coconutz  Email coconutz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-22 10:58 am   Permalink

Well heck, I keep a bar fridge right beside the bed!
I've tried bottled mixes put out by TGI Friday's, but they're not anywhere close to being Tiki related. Tasty, but not Tiki.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-22 11:08 am   Permalink

Not sure about the mixer.
I have the "milkshake" type mixer on the bar. I have an icer attachment on my Oster vintage beehive mixer and I crush it all into an ice bucket in advance. I keep an ice pick close by if I need to fix the crushed ice that freezes solid.
I plan to have a micro fridge for the juices, etc. I decided a full fridge was too and the smaller ones that make ice can't make enough to matter. The ice bucket is here to stay, so just a small fridge for mixers is best. I plan to incorporate it into the actual bar someday.
I can mix the drinks in the metal mixer cup and it holds 2 or 3 big mugs full with crushed ice.
Crushing ice is generally a loud affair, so I do it ahead of time in large quantities.

Like Mai-Kai: History, Mystery and Adventure the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation