[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace WTB: Men's vintage swimsuit 34 waist
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
WTB: Men's vintage swimsuit 34 waist
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 1:17 pm   Permalink

I am looking for a great swimsuit from the 40's - 70's.

Ideally, I am looking for an older wool, belted set of trunks in good condition. My second choice would be a 50's/60's bark cloth cabana set. Single trunks from the 50's -60's are cool too. Overall, I am looking for something unique and in good condition. I lost out on a great pair of life guard trunks from the late '50s.

My absolute top is around $50 and I'd much prefer to spend around $35. I'm also willing to rent/borrow the right pair.

PM me if you have anything I might be interested in.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 4:34 pm   Permalink

I might have some underwear you would be interested in?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 4:39 pm   Permalink

You may want to post the size you are looking for

Also cabana sets generally sell for around $100 and up--at least the vintage Hawaiian sets all seem to.

Good luck!

EDITED :

Oh sorry didn't see the size!

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2014-03-25 16:50 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 4:46 pm   Permalink

Looks like Liz didn't read the thread title: "WTB: Men's vintage swimsuit 34 waist"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 4:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-25 16:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Looks like Liz didn't read the thread title: "WTB: Men's vintage swimsuit 34 waist"

SOOOOOOO glad we have you around to show us the error of our ways-not

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2014-03-25 17:07 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 5:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-25 16:49, SandraDee wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-03-25 16:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Sorry, So glad we have you around to show us the error of our ways-not

I accept your apology......

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-03-25 17:59 ]

Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 9:09 pm   Permalink

God, who DOESN'T want a cabana set? Wish they still made them... Actually, you might have better luck finding a pattern for a cabana set, buying material, and having it sewn. Now, that I think of it..that's what I should do...

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 10:18 pm   Permalink

I believe the clothing dept is on another site or under the general thread.

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 11:40 am   Permalink

ATP - Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested unless you have this pair:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200914/Elviss-soiled-underpants-fail-sell-auction--But-Bible-fetches-59-000.html

Thanks to SandraDee for the pm of relevant Etsy listings - very helpful - I've been looking on etsy but I find their search function to be frustrating. Despite looking there, I missed many of your finds.

Sewing up a good cabana set is a great idea but I need something truly old. Sometimes I get a plan in my head and I can't let it go until it is done. And my plan right now is to win the Viva Las Vegas men's swimsuit contest. It's all judged on the suit (it must be vintage; not a body building contest)and the competition for the men's contest was pretty anemic last time I was there.

Anyway, thanks again for the help SandraDee.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 1:06 pm   Permalink

No problem!!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 4:44 pm   Permalink

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 9:27 pm   Permalink

I just sold a matching terry cloth cabana set on EBay, doh! But I still have this vintage Kona Kai by Jantzen swim shorts

They say 38, but more like a 34, waist band 16" in unstretched

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2014-03-26 21:33 ]

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 1:16 pm   Permalink

Somebody must be doing the pool party at VLV.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 12:34 pm   Permalink

chrisandsarahb - That is a great suit! I am waiting to hear back from a friend on a Rayon Cabana set (in storage) before I figure out what to do. My wife picked up her 60's Jantzens at the thrift a few weeks back.

gabbahey

Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-31 5:02 pm   Permalink

This one I bought on ebay a while ago so no doubt there's still gems out there. I don't have the matching jacket more's the pity. Its a Tropicana made in Honolulu and cost $24 US.

THIV

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation