FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Looking for someone to sculpt a mug for us
Looking for someone to sculpt a mug for us
stevekh

Posted: 2014-03-26 5:45 pm   Permalink

we're a graphic design studio in Tulsa, OK area - we are launching a clothing line centered around street rod and kustom kulture art, and would like to do some mugs to give away as promotions at car shows - we have 3 designs drawn up so far, and are looking to have the first one sculpted and a silicone and plaster mold made for short runs

please contact me if interested at and we can look at pricing / services available, etc.

Steve Hammons
idTulsa / Intelligent Design
918-625-6869

email:
steve@idtulsa.net
web: http://www.idtulsa.net
http://www.facebook.com/idtulsa

[ This Message was edited by: stevekh 2014-03-26 17:45 ]

View Profile of stevekh Send a personal message to stevekh  Goto the website of stevekh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-26 5:56 pm   Permalink

You might want to reach out to the folks at Tiki Farm.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevekh

Posted: 2014-03-27 06:26 am   Permalink

i thought about that - but we want to have control over the production - the design fee of $250 - $500 is fine, but we don't want to have to order 1000 units for their minimum. also, looking around the forums, we really dig some of the artists on here and would love to have their interpretation of our sketches

View Profile of stevekh Send a personal message to stevekh  Goto the website of stevekh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 07:41 am   Permalink

There are plenty of mug makers on here to seek out and ask about producing a run of mugs for you.Many don't really post on here as much anymore so it may be more beneficial for you to find them online and email them

Not sure of prices or if they would want/have the ability to make mugs for you but some mug makers you may want to reach out to:
Eekum Bookum - John Mulder
Bosko
TikiDiablo
Bowana
MP
Tobunga- Eric October
Squid - Dave Cohen
Babalu
Tiki Tony

and there are a bunch more--just check the Other Crafts thread and start emailing.

Good luck!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-03-27 08:15 am   Permalink

Don't forget Gecko!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-27 09:24 am   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=38002&forum=18&start=last&216

Check out MauiTiki. His work is really excellent and he takes orders. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-03-27 09:25 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-03-27 10:41 am   Permalink

Squid and Eekum Bookum should be top of the list.

http://www.squidart.com/

http://www.eekumbookumtiki.com/

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2014-03-27 10:50 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 11:05 am   Permalink

Poptiki of Colorado some pretty amazing stuff too.

http://poptiki.com/

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 11:15 am   Permalink

It sounds like the perfect job for Eekum Bookum - John Mulder

I'm really limited on time since I'm a weekend mug maker. Plus I have my own projects to work on. talk to John, I know he has been offering a great deal on sculpting and short runs. Although you say "giveaways"... I don't think you'll be giving away any of our mugs as they will run you $30-$40 minimum unless you are ordering large quantities. Good Luck!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevekh

Posted: 2014-03-27 11:54 am   Permalink

thanks for all the replies and direction! got some emails out and hope to hear back

MauiTiki - thanks for letting me know - you do amazing work!

we're just looking for a master sculpt made, and we'll make the mugs here - our customers want to give these away instead of spending the same or more on a custom trophy - they thought this would fit the theme of their clothing line a little more

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation