[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The "Official" Kahiki Book Thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The "Official" Kahiki Book Thread
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 11:42 am   Permalink

I am proud to announce that I am one of four authors that will be releasing a book on the history of the Kahiki Supper Club. As most of you on Tiki Central know, the Kahiki was one of the grandest Polynesian restaurants in the world. We have uncovered a ton of information and interviewed a LOT of people for this book. The authors are David Myers, Elise Myers, Doug Motz and Jeff Chenault (me).

It is being published by History Press and will be available in October 2014.

Information on how and where to purchase the book will announced soon!

There will also be various events leading up to and after its publication.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 12:00 pm   Permalink

Congrats, Jeff!

Can't wait!

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-27 12:30 pm   Permalink

That's great news, Jeff! I, among other things, will be looking for cocktail recipes from the Kahiki. Your book will be a great way to help preserve the memories of the Kahiki.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-27 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-27 12:30, AceExplorer wrote:
That's great news, Jeff! I, among other things, will be looking for cocktail recipes from the Kahiki. Your book will be a great way to help preserve the memories of the Kahiki.

We are going to include 5 drink recipes and 5 food recipes!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-27 6:05 pm   Permalink

Excellent, Jeff... a most worthy endeavor! Really looking forward to getting a copy of the finished work. Now, if we can just put Swanky on a writer's sabbatical so he can finish his volume on the Mai-Kai...

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Toli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-28 07:39 am   Permalink

This is great news, put me down for a copy and the release party that will be at the grass kirt, that I know you are going to have!

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-28 10:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-28 07:39, Tiki Toli wrote:
This is great news, put me down for a copy and the release party that will be at the grass kirt, that I know you are going to have!

How'd ya guess!!

tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-28 5:21 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to it Jeff!

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-28 6:01 pm   Permalink

Great news, Jeff! Can't wait!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-29 09:21 am   Permalink

Go Jeff Go! I'm looking forward to the proper documentation this one-of-a-kind Temple of Tiki deserves!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-29 5:21 pm   Permalink

Here's a picture of Bill Sapp and Lee Henry, I took just a few months ago.

They were very happy to talk to us about the Kahiki's early days and are very enthusiastic about the book.

They still like a good cocktail once in awhile too!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 08:53 am   Permalink

That's great Jeff. I know you have always had a real passion in preserving the history of the Kahiki. I'm so sorry that I just missed seeing this grand temple in person. Now, and least I can see what all I missed out on in your new book.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-15 10:40 am   Permalink

We have a cover.................

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-15 10:53 am   Permalink

Looks great! I live that there are so many books about tiki topics coming out.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-15 8:17 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to this one!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation