FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The "Official" Kahiki Book Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
The "Official" Kahiki Book Thread
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-20 09:21 am   Permalink

You so funny John!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-11-20 11:23 am   Permalink

It's the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic.
One of you needs to find a new pose. (hint not you)
Not a TCer so....

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-10-22 8:29 pm   Permalink

I'm very excited to have finally added this to the tiki section of my bookshelf. I'm also glad I decided on the hardcover version.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-23 05:35 am   Permalink

I did not know there was a hardcover version.

And what happened to that girl that was going to write a Kahiki book about the same time as yours Jeff?

Not Greg and Melissa, Her name was Nathile not Nathalie it's like saying Nathalie with a lisp that's how I remember her name.

I met her at that dentist tiki party with mostly FOM members at it.

When asking about the Kahiki she would say " I'm the one who really is going to write a book about the Kahiki" Ha! I guess that did not pan out.

At the time there were about 7 people doing a book about the Kahiki.

I would like to see a book of the early Kahiki drinks put out, a few people have them all.

Heck nobody is going to open a tiki bar and use those drinks at least not the people who have them.

Damn write a book about it and get them out there, way more chance of you doing that than opening a tiki bar.

Damn don't just let them fade away and disappear as we all fade away and disappear.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-23 12:24 pm   Permalink

Someone get me all of those old Kahiki recipes and I'll put one together. Jeff Berry hit the sweet spot in his books with the mix of recipes and history, so that's the approach I'd take. If it ain't broke...
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-23 12:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-23 05:35, tikiskip wrote:
I did not know there was a hardcover version.

I didn't either. History Press doesn't normally do hardcovers. I poked around and discovered this is the "Library Edition." Must be a limited run.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-23 1:03 pm   Permalink

I've never seen a hardcover!! I didn't know it existed and I'm one of the authors!!!! Nice score. Where in the hell did you find it???

Yeah, a Kahiki recipe book would be nice but I don't know anyone with all the food and drink recipes.

Look for the Ohio Tiki book next year!!

Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-23 1:15 pm   Permalink

Yep!! Hardcovers are available on Amazon!!

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-23 1:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-23 13:03, Jeff Central wrote:
I've never seen a hardcover!! I didn't know it existed and I'm one of the authors!!!!

I know, right? HP isn't the greatest when it comes to communication.

(Edit:) Holy crap! It looks like my book may have a hardcover library edition as well!
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

[ This Message was edited by: Prikli Pear 2018-10-23 14:08 ]

Sandbartender
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-10-23 3:35 pm   Permalink

Man oh man, this forum is BAD for my book buying habits. LOL

Oh, well. I'm sure I can find shelf space SOMEWHERE.

View Profile of Sandbartender Send a personal message to Sandbartender      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-23 4:47 pm   Permalink

"a Kahiki recipe book would be nice but I don't know anyone with all the food and drink recipes."

Linda, Craig, Soung, Theang, Sondro just to name a few.

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-24 1:10 pm   Permalink

Is Sandro still alive??? He must be 100 years old!!!!!

BusyPort

Posted: 2018-10-24 4:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-15 10:40, Jeff Central wrote:
We have a cover.................

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Beautiful! Looking forward to the release

View Profile of BusyPort Send a personal message to BusyPort  Email BusyPort Goto the website of BusyPort     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-10-24 9:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-24 16:16, BusyPort wrote:
Beautiful! Looking forward to the release

Good news; its been out for some time!

I got mine from thriftbooks, where as of today both hardcover and paperback versions are cheaper than Amazon (with free shipping for $10 orders).

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-25 05:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-24 13:10, Jeff Central wrote:
Is Sandro still alive??? He must be 100 years old!!!!!

Well I have not heard of his death.
Maybe yes or no, I could find no obituary online.

Kay Oliver looked very well when we saw her at that hills market event.
I bet she has them.
Not to mention Skip or even Jim, I got the Navy grog recipe from him.
Jim said "it fell off of the wall where they had it tacked and I took it home and copied it so it would not get lost"
What about the Tasos you know they have them, Mitch Boych He had to have them so does his brother now have them.
Lee Henrys family?

I got that Navy Grog recipe from three different people and get this they all gave me the same one so I think it's right.
Did promise the second person to give it to me that I would not give it to anyone so I have not, but I won't let it die with me it will be in my personal cookbook when I die.

For a long time Kay was the only person that would make the Navy grog and they had to go to the pharmacist to get an ingredient.

I bet there are at least 12 or more people alive that have all of those drink recipes.
Thing is are they the fist families property or the second owners (the guy from Youngstown) or are the Tasos or maybe none of the above owns them.

Did all that go with the many sales of the Kahiki? or is that all so old it does not apply.
When I sold my restaurant the recipes all went with the place but we made no specifics on if I owned them or he owned them.

Heck I could have opened up next door and sold the same stuff only better because I don't pinch every dime and buy cheep crap.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation