Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The "Official" Kahiki Book Thread
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 4 days ago; 10:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-13 11:28, umeone wrote:
John and Jeff,

The reason my father always replies "we won't talk about that" is because people try to sensationalize a story that they can add to.

You need to remember that the whole question of the mob and Mitch was not given birth by Jeff and I.
That has been talked about long before us and people ask and tell me about it, Is it true, not true,
At this point who knows.
I was told Mitch had dealings or was from Youngstown.
"we won't talk about that" Is not Mitch had no ties, It's not yes he did as well.
But it kind of piques peoples interest because it sounds like there's something there I don't want to talk about.
It's ok not to talk about it, but even a blind man can see that people are going to go hummm.

So if someone said Jeff had ties to the mob I would go NO way, not true.

I no way was I trying to say Bill or lee had dealings with the mob.

BUT for Mr Taso to come to America at like 20 years old with $100.00 bucks and own the Kahiki was it at 26?
One would doubt he had one million bucks by that time, but then there was Mitch.
That's odd to me and many others, there's more to that story.

It's good that there is now a book and Tiki Central so the history can come out and be known.
So many places there is no info on, too bad really.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 11:55 am   Permalink

I'm not certain why you want to banter back and forth about a very well respected and generous man that you never knew or met who helped people his entire life including Lee Henry, Bill Sapp and Michael Tsao financially. Dad respected Mitch for his generosity to himself and Lee as well as Michael Tsao.

As you stated about asking people from Youngstown if they are in the mob, my dad would rather tell people "we are not going to talk about that" rather than calling that person a buffoon.

If people would take time to google Mitch Boich, they would find out just how much he was respected for his generosity. Please stop with the innuendos and let him and his name rest in peace.

And let this thread get back to Jeff's book.

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 4 days ago; 3:21 pm   Permalink

Ok Linda will do.
A bit harsh when you think of things I have done for you and Bill plus your daughter
over the years.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 4:21 pm   Permalink

John, its been a two way street.I have stated previously that Mitch Boich was not associated with the mob. He helped Michael Tsao purchase the Kahiki because Mitch didn't want to be in the restaurant business, which is mentioned in Jeff's book.

If you feel you have to insert drama or mystery into a Kahiki story, we are suggesting that you have facts to back up your story in order to not slander a person's reputation and integrity.

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 7:54 pm   Permalink

just ordered my copy !! i hope to give it "two thumbs up !!"

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 07:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-14 19:54, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Thanks Tipsy!!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 09:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-14 19:54, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

lol!!!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 09:52 am   Permalink

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 10:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-11 06:21, Jeff Central wrote:

Jeff, the best way to purcahse this book right now is on Amazon at..........

http://www.amazon.com/Kahiki-Supper-Club-Polynesian-Landmarks/dp/1626195943

You can also order it directly from History Press at............

https://www.historypress.net/search.php?s=kahiki

Eventually it might make it to various Tiki locations but right now this is the way to go! I'll try to post a few "sneak peek" photos for you!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Gotcha, thanks Jeff

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 06:21 am   Permalink

Love that photo!
Here is the link to the Sunday show.
hope it works for you.
http://www.myfox28columbus.com//good-day-columbus/features/good-day-columbus/stories/saturday-kahiki-supper-club-polynesian-paradise-columbus-7951.shtml#.VBg5Q_ldV8E

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 09:55 am   Permalink

Here's a link for the next Kahiki Dinner Party put on by the Ohio Historical Society!

http://www.columbushistory.org/node/52

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 09:56 am   Permalink

Just got a nice write up in the Columbus Dispatch!!!

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2014/09/16/authors-carry-tiki-torch-for-kahiki.html

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 06:43 am   Permalink

Got my copy yesterday. Way more here than I expected. I rarely read, so, this may gather dust for a long time, but I will start reading sections for sure.

Glad there si a section of color images too.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 10:42 am   Permalink

Thanks Tim!!

The publisher would be a perfect match for your Mai Kai book!! Hit them up!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: Yesterday; 9:07 pm   Permalink

Just got my book today...will be gawking it at it this weekend...WHEEEEEE!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation