Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Blue Chair Bay coconut rum
Blue Chair Bay coconut rum
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-04 7:19 pm   Permalink

I just saw at my local Vons a new coconut rum - Blue Chair Bay coconut and spiced coconut. I've never heard nor seen this before and as I just finished researching coconut rums (looking forward to purchasing Koloa coconut) thought I'd point it out.

Its priced at about $17, which tells me its better than Malibu and Parrot Bay, though that isn't much of a feat. I found spiced coconut interesting but I don't really have the desire to try it.

The best thing is apparently this I'd Kenny Chesney's rum lol.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-04 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-04 19:19, kkocka wrote:
I just saw at my local Vons a new coconut rum - Blue Chair Bay coconut and spiced coconut. I've never heard nor seen this before and as I just finished researching coconut rums (looking forward to purchasing Koloa coconut) thought I'd point it out.

Its priced at about $17, which tells me its better than Malibu and Parrot Bay, though that isn't much of a feat. I found spiced coconut interesting but I don't really have the desire to try it.

The best thing is apparently this I'd Kenny Chesney's rum lol.

Pffft.... First Jimmy Buffett, then Sammy Hagar, now Chesney. Why is it every musician has to market their own brand of rum? Not interested.

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-05 11:42 am   Permalink

Don't forget about Ron Jeremy...

Being a rum from a country singer was a deal breaker for me. I would avoid.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-06 2:59 pm   Permalink

You beat me to the Ron de Jeremy punch, haha. I do seriously wonder the quality of this though, there are plenty of bad coconut rums out there that are in the $9 range.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stormrider
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-26 09:59 am   Permalink

I tried the coconut and coconut spiced rums at the rum renaissance yesterday, the we're both good but not special. For the money I am still going with Barcardi coconut. Kenny doesn't need my money that bad.

Storm

View Profile of stormrider Send a personal message to stormrider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-04 19:19, kkocka wrote:
Its priced at about $17, which tells me its better than Malibu and Parrot Bay...

Price is a bad metric for quality in many cases. If they are a small brand without the volume they may be really bad and have the higher price to cover costs. They also might be really good and trying a low price at first to get into people's carts.

Even reviews can be kind of bullshit, like the wine discussion yesterday, but they can also point out red flags like "This tastes like turpentine".

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stormrider
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-27 5:14 pm   Permalink

I am going to revise my earlier statement, Koloa coconut rum will be the only coconut rum I use once my lid of Barcardi runs out.

Storm

View Profile of stormrider Send a personal message to stormrider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation