FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart question
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Lemon Hart question
Destro100
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 05:38 am   Permalink

Questions for the rum experts - I recently stumbled upon a store selling Lemon Hart 151 in the old packaging. I held off picking up a bottle because I had a few questions.

Does anyone know if - the old packaging indicates that this is the older formula for LH 151?
Or did they sell bottles with the newer formula but with the older packaging?
Or did they recently go back to the older packaging?
Or is it possible, this is an imported batch with new formula - old packaging?

I ask because if it is the older formula, I'd love to try it out.

View Profile of Destro100 Send a personal message to Destro100      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 07:20 am   Permalink

Lemon Hart has not reverted to the old label to my knowledge,so it's old stock. I can't tell the diff between the old and new bottlings, imho. Generally, I'd recommend picking up ANY LH151 you come across, before the Man takes it away!

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 07:34 am   Permalink

That's old stock unless you are in Canada.

Buy it all and keep it for special occasions.

I agree it may or may not be as good as or worse than the new stuff, but now you have the original to test that. I'd buy any old stock bottle you wanted to sell for sure. I keep one old bootle and pour my new stuff in it for the bar.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-07 05:38, Destro100 wrote:
I recently stumbled upon a store selling Lemon Hart 151 in the old packaging.

Does it look like this?

Little red triangle on the corner of the label to signify the 151?

Get it!

Get as many as you can afford/as many as they have!

Even if you don't use it in your drinks, you can use the 'extra' bottles as gifts to other rummies for any of the usual gift-giving occasions.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-07 3:46 pm   Permalink

I agree. Go back and buy them all, quickly!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 4:11 pm   Permalink

Yes.....You should be in that store right now and buy all of it. I have 9 1/2 bottles of the old stuff that I figure might last my lifetime. Of course as long as I don't waste it on cocktail infidels.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 7:26 pm   Permalink

For the record Ed Hamilton, AKA The Ministry Of Rum and the American importer for LH says that there has been no change to the formula for LH. None. Aside from being one of the leading authorities on rum, I've known Ed for years and he's a straight shooter. In short I believe the guy.

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2014-04-07 7:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-07 19:26, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
For the record Ed Hamilton, AKA The Ministry Of Rum and the American importer for LH says that there has been no change to the formula for LH. None. Aside from being one of the leading authorities on rum, I've known Ed for years and he's a straight shooter. In short I believe the guy.

Posted somewhere here before but worth repeating, here's a head to head review of the "old" LH 151 vs. the "new" LH 151 with Martin Cate and Ed Hamilton. It sounds like the difference between the two may be chalked up to typical variances between batches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdeqyOXaE6c

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 06:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-07 19:26, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
there has been no change to the formula for LH. None.

True.

But the new packaging just isn't interesting. It looks like every other rum bottle or label out there.

When you can find the old packaging you should stock up.

Did I mention they make great gifts?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 08:33 am   Permalink

CinciTikiCraig-

Quote:For the record Ed Hamilton, AKA The Ministry Of Rum and the American importer for LH

Any idea of where in the USA they import to???
I have sent about 10 emails directly to LH from their website!!!
Not 1 reply......

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 11:07 am   Permalink

I do not know where to find this information, but I do know that Lemon Hart is available in New York and California. And as long as you live in a state that DrinkupNY

http://www.drinkupny.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=lemon+hart&Submit.x=-760&Submit.y=-91

or Hi-Time Wine Cellars

http://www.hitimewine.net/search.php?mode=search&page=1

can ship to, you can get some (new stock) from there.

Looking forward to seeing some of this in the US...

http://lemonhartrum.com/rums/lemon-hart-original

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 11:15 am   Permalink

Jack,

Have you been able to find Lemon Hart in the city? I've looked in a couple of places when I've been in the city for other things but no hits yet. DrinkUp NY's shipping is expensive in my opinion, especially since I'm NJ.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 11:50 am   Permalink

Jon,

Here's a map of thev states where Ed has distribution of his portfolio:

http://www.caribbean-spirits.com/

Ed's contact info should be there, plus he's on Facebook and Twiiter and is very responsive to questions. He should be able to direct you to a distributor who can tell you where LH is being sold.

Craig

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 8:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks
Time for a road trip or a Fed Ex deliv

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 9:29 pm   Permalink

Yeah, getting a response back from small places can be a pain, they don't always have a rep so you may be directly contacting the CEO. What makes things worse is sometimes emails to their domain from your domain (or to your domain)do not make it through because the host is not handling them for some reason. AOL used to be a bitch to get email responses to.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation