FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Lemon Hart question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Lemon Hart question
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 11:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-18 11:40, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-06-18 09:32, MaukaHale wrote:
I'm still waiting for ATP to show up for a drink. Maybe he can share a few drink recipes with me. I only know a few that use the 151.

Did someone call my name?
I am more efficient then "Candyman", you only have to say my name once...

Funny thing is I like my LH 151 as a float in the good old classic Mai Tai the best
what are you folks favorite use for LH 151?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-06-18 11:40 ]

151 Swizzle
2070 Swizzle
Swanky Swizzle
Zombie Punch
Cobra's Fang
Jet Pilot
Aku Aku Zombie

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 12:39 pm   Permalink

Swanky, I saw your recipe for the 2070 Swizzle Redux
I will have to try that sometime while I still have a bottle of LH 151 around
I don't think Hi-Times has the Angostura 1919 at the moment though.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Oxybeles
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-18 3:43 pm   Permalink

Besides medicinal purposes, LH151 can successfully be utilized in the following tasty tiki beverages:

151 Swizzle
Aku-Aku Lapu
Cobra Fang
Hell in the Pacific
Jet Pilot
Puka Punch
Shrunken Skull (Mai-Kai version)
Tiki Bowl
Zombies (1934 & Aku-Aku)

View Profile of Oxybeles Send a personal message to Oxybeles      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 4:31 pm   Permalink

But what is your favorite use of LH 151, Oxy?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-06-18 16:32 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRog

Posted: 2014-06-18 5:02 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Fun site.

If anyone is in the Providence, RI area, Bottles Wine & Spirits on the east side of Providence still has bottles of LH151 in stock; I purchased two bottles and they had a least three still on shelf. Great little store with a nice selection of rums, knowledgeable staff.

View Profile of TikiRog Send a personal message to TikiRog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Oxybeles
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-18 6:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-18 16:31, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
But what is your favorite use of LH 151, Oxy?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-06-18 16:32 ]

I Have three favorites:
The Aku-Aku Zombie, my own cocktail -The Banzai Charge, and the Shrunken Skull (Mai-Kai)...

My wife likes it as a floater in a Chief Lapu-Lapu, as well...

View Profile of Oxybeles Send a personal message to Oxybeles      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 7:36 pm   Permalink

I made one of those 151 Swizzles tonight, very tasty.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-19 1:56 pm   Permalink

I just picked up the last case in Central TN distribution zone (what I was told). They sure don't have any in East TN (none distributed here), but I'm not sure about West/Memphis area. $29 per bottle.

The liqour store owner was told by the distibutor that they were moving production to another distillery. Hmmmm....
He also mentioned the July 2015 redistribution.

Hoarding complete... Unless I find more. Ha!

Favorite uses... A floater/flavor boost in just about anything or a good old 34 zombie punch. Having said that, the Swanky Swizzle is quite nice as well.

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-19 2:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-19 13:56, Q-tiki wrote:
Hoarding complete... Unless I find more. Ha!

LOL!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-25 11:42 am   Permalink

Someone from Norway posted this photo on the Ministry of Rum's Facebook group. All I can say is I wish I could find the paradise where Lemon Hart 80 is readily available by the 1.75-liter jug ...

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-25 11:49 am   Permalink

And its the yellow label too! Maybe available by mail order from a European shipper?

Has anyone heard more details about the cut-off of Lemon Hart sales in the US? Is this the real life, is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide... (You know the rest, ha...)

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
*Bamboozled*
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-25 12:06 pm   Permalink

No escape from reality...easy come, easy go...

FWIW, for those in the Chicago area, I picked up 3 more bottles of LH151 from Binny's South Loop last evening and they had 8 more on the shelf. Didn't inquire about their backroom stock.

I also picked up a bottle of Small Hands Foods Orgeat -- they didn't have that last time I was there (or the B.J. Reynolds stuff or a number of other tiki-crafty items that they now have in stock -- could it be Chicago is finally catching on not just to craft cocktails, but, more specifically, Tiki cocktails!? If so, I suppose some credit must go to the crazily popular Three Dots and a Dash, whose popularity I simultaneously am grateful for and resent) -- anyway, looking forward to trying that orgeat in a mai tai after I get my bunches of mint from the farmers' market tomorrow -- not to derail the thread, but anyone here have any experience/comments about the Small Hands Foods stuff?

Okole Maluna

[ This Message was edited by: *Bamboozled* 2014-06-25 13:55 ]

View Profile of *Bamboozled* Send a personal message to *Bamboozled*      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-25 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-25 12:06, *Bamboozled* wrote:
not to derail the thread, but anyone here have any experience/comments about the Hand Small Foods stuff?

I still have an open bottle of their orgeat. Its the only Small Hands product I've used. While everybody said its pretty damn good stuff, I really prefer the spice that comes with BG Reynolds' orgeat. I just wish I didn't have to order it online every time or hunt for it (around here Small Hands is slightly more available).

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-25 3:22 pm   Permalink

This seems to be real. I talked to the owner of Trader Morts last week and he said that he won't be able to get anymore until they start making it again. Worst possible senario...

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-25 6:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-25 15:22, lunavideogames wrote:
This seems to be real. I talked to the owner of Trader Morts last week and he said that he won't be able to get anymore until they start making it again. Worst possible senario...

This is getting serious!

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation