FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Lemon Hart question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Lemon Hart question
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-26 06:38 am   Permalink

It's still out there, fortunately, so you can get a few bottles. Of course I'm curious to see if any other manufacturer is going to step up and make a competitive product.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-26 10:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-25 11:42, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
Someone from Norway posted this photo on the Ministry of Rum's Facebook group. All I can say is I wish I could find the paradise where Lemon Hart 80 is readily available by the 1.75-liter jug ...

Wow!! That IS a find, one that I wish I had found!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-27 08:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-26 06:38, AceExplorer wrote:
It's still out there, fortunately, so you can get a few bottles. Of course I'm curious to see if any other manufacturer is going to step up and make a competitive product.

This is quite a 'conund-rum' (heh). I have the 10 bottles of LH151, recently purchased, which should be more than I need to make it through July, 2015, when distribution resumes. That is, IF it resumes. Do we trust that they won't just mothball the brand, when the time comes? (Sort of like when a tiki restaurant closes for "remodeling", and never reopens.)
I believe I can round out to 2 cases, from various local stores, as insurance against LH151 becoming permanently unavailable. But should I tie up $650 in this one product? (Technically, I could consider it a "stock investment", couldn't I?) What if I do, and then, as AceExplorer wondered, another manufacturer introduces a Demerara-profile product that is not just competitive in quality and price, but superior?
I'd hate to have to listen to everyone, from the Bum and Martin Cate on down, rave about this magnificent new sub for LH151, better in every way,... while I'm stuck for years, trying to work through 2 cases of now second-rate LH rum!

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-27 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-27 08:13, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Quote:

This is quite a 'conund-rum' (heh). I have the 10 bottles of LH151, recently purchased, which should be more than I need to make it through July, 2015, when distribution resumes. That is, IF it resumes. Do we trust that they won't just mothball the brand, when the time comes? (Sort of like when a tiki restaurant closes for "remodeling", and never reopens.)
I believe I can round out to 2 cases, from various local stores, as insurance against LH151 becoming permanently unavailable. But should I tie up $650 in this one product? (Technically, I could consider it a "stock investment", couldn't I?) What if I do, and then, as AceExplorer wondered, another manufacturer introduces a Demerara-profile product that is not just competitive in quality and price, but superior?
I'd hate to have to listen to everyone, from the Bum and Martin Cate on down, rave about this magnificent new sub for LH151, better in every way,... while I'm stuck for years, trying to work through 2 cases of now second-rate LH rum!

That beats the alternative of having nothing to me.

Having survived the LH151 scare once before, I will not be without. July 2015 is a best guess. I want to have maybe 2 years supply on hand. When July gets here, we'll see and it may be good or we may all find what we own is all there is. And I don't think anything is going to outshine LH151 som uch as to make me feel bad other than the outside chance it is priced at $15 a bottle...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-27 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

It's a great investment for your personal stock portfolio. I still have a few LH151s from before the first crash. I tried to divest some of the assets prior to the new branding at a couple of tiki events but, no one was interested.
I've never tasted the current LH. I'll have to invest $40 today to see how it tastes.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Oxybeles
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-27 2:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I believe I can round out to 2 cases, from various local stores, as insurance against LH151 becoming permanently unavailable. But should I tie up $650 in this one product? (Technically, I could consider it a "stock investment", couldn't I?)

Way better than stock!

Because if a stock goes to sh*t, one could use the certificate as toliet paper.

But you will always be able to drink LH151!

[ This Message was edited by: Oxybeles 2014-06-27 14:02 ]

View Profile of Oxybeles Send a personal message to Oxybeles      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Greg_D_R
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-02 1:57 pm   Permalink

I just picked up (the last?) 3 bottles of LH 151 from Randall's here in St. Louis. Then I went over to Global Foods and got some passionfruit puree for good measure. God Bless American Zombies!

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-05 7:55 pm   Permalink

More bad news.

I talked to the rum expert at my local liquor store and he told me that it would be TWO YEARS before LH151 would be back on the market. I don't have a way to verify this but that is what I was told.

Now that I have acquired a taste for "151 Swizzle" this is going to require more hording.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2014-07-06 15:10 ]

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Toli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-06 7:21 pm   Permalink

I'm concerned. In addition to the news about 151, the company has gone pretty silent in the press and social networking. You were getting something from them every couple weeks and it seems things went silent in February. Hope there aren't bigger issues.

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-07 08:42 am   Permalink

This sounds strangely like a poorly-handled change in ownership or a poorly-handled change in branding. In any case, let's hope their product survives whatever is going on in the background.

Has anyone seen any articles in industry trade mags which might shed more light on the situation?

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-09 9:03 pm   Permalink

anyone know where to find the 80?

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Goto the website of nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jamoke

Posted: 2014-07-10 01:14 am   Permalink

The Mosaiq website no longer lists LH151 in their portfolio.
They only list LH80 and LH 100 British Proof.

Wondering if they are thinking the LH151 might be diverting sales from the 100 British Proof product? I don't think either one is available in the US.

Not sure what that means, but it don't feel good.

View Profile of jamoke Send a personal message to jamoke      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-10 06:02 am   Permalink

As of today, the LH151 is still showing up on the drinkupny web site. No LH80 is shown though. You could try some overseas sellers and see if they have any available. When things get REALLY desperate, worldwidespirits has LH151 for 42 Euros/bottle but no LH80.

Sigh...

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-10 06:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

Of course I'm curious to see if any other manufacturer is going to step up and make a competitive product.

El Dorado.

They make an excellent Dark rum for your basic needs.

They make a 151 even if it is a bit difficult to find. Talk to your supplier, it can be ordered.

They make several aged bottles that are wonderful. I love the 15, not so much the 12.

And all of them are Demerara rums that are comparable to, and in some cases superior to, Lemon Hart.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-10 07:16 am   Permalink

Thanks, Chip and Andy! I love the El Dorado rums and will be doing a side-by-side comparison in drinks in the near future. I have a comfortable supply of LH151 to last me several years now, but for my own curiosity and for benefit of others reading this thread will share my results.

I have the El Do 15 on hand right now, the other ages I had have been used. So I'm close to making a trip to the local "candy store" to re-stock and at that time I will check on the El Do 151 which I don't recall seeing before. We recently made a number of fine Beachcomber Punches with El Do 15, they were a big hit, so my El Do 15 is almost depleted. I may compare the various ages in a side-by-side sipping-test. I think the lower age rum will be for my every-day friends who are not very rum savvy.

I declare that my search for El Do 151 is officially on!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation