FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Lemon Hart question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Lemon Hart question
tikidingdong

Posted: 2014-05-29 07:47 am   Permalink

While we are on the topic of overproof rum and substitution have anyone tested this one in drinks (Tilambic 151)?

http://rumdiariesblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/22/tilambic-151/

View Profile of tikidingdong Send a personal message to tikidingdong      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 07:57 am   Permalink

A friend of mine went to Hi Times in Costa Mesa yesterday and they're out of Lemon Hart. Stay thirsty, my friends.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-29 09:26 am   Permalink

Once again, presented with a challenge, we are called to innovate.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 10:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-28 19:40, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:
Plantation Dark 151 is a great alternative. It's definitely not Lemon Hart, but it works.

I'll give it a look, thanks!

Quote:

On 2014-05-29 07:57, arriano wrote:
A friend of mine went to Hi Times in Costa Mesa yesterday and they're out of Lemon Hart. Stay thirsty, my friends.

Holy poop, hopefully my order a few days ago went through okay. They're my only source for the stuff.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 3:22 pm   Permalink

I was having this discussion with a few friends yesterday.

Plantation Dark overproof is a good rum but not a substitute for Lemon Hart 151.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-29 4:36 pm   Permalink

This would be a great time for El Dorado to kick in and produce a dark Demerara 151 strength rum. They used to make a dark called "Cuba Libre". . . I liked it. Kick up that formula to 151 strength and they may be able to give Lemon Hart a run for their money. I'm growing weary of the 'Lemon Hart Chronicles"... it's time for a new contender.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 4:54 pm   Permalink

Okay, I went to two different liquor stores and bought what I could find.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 5:34 pm   Permalink

okay, but where the F is "base of the volcano?"

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

What the porpoise said

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 6:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-29 16:36, GentleHangman wrote:
I'm growing weary of the 'Lemon Hart Chronicles"... it's time for a new contender.

Agreed, it would be a brilliant marketing scam if that was LH's intention as they're sort of a monopoly in that essence. So they're stopping 151 and not the usual LH?

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 10:39 pm   Permalink

MaukaHale, I have a particular skill set that makes me a nightmare for people like you
I will find you, I when I do, I will drink your Lemon Hart! there will be song & dance also.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-30 09:52 am   Permalink

Apparently I tipped off The Mai-Kai in time for them to buy out the entire stock from their distributor. So no worries for The Hukilau and a while afterwards. But they're looking at possible replacements.

I also heard from the Bum, who says he's got plenty of LH 151 coming from his local distributor for his bar's opening. I'm wondering if there's enough product stashed in the warehouses of various distributors to carry us through the shortage. I was still able to get a store to order the "old" Lemon Hart from their distributor years after production ended.

I'll definitely try to gather more info at The Hukilau.

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-30 12:33 pm   Permalink

I don't think there is a distributor to SC, but since I have never purchased the stuff I'm not certain.

I just want to jump on the bandwagon and buy some. HAHA

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-30 12:57 pm   Permalink

Lemon Hart 151 may become the Bitcoin of Tiki.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-30 1:07 pm   Permalink

Let's hope not! Bitcoin is around $600 right now. Knowing the tiki community, Lemon Hart will be pushing $1,000 a bottle before you know it. And what's worse, people will pay it!

Hmmm. I see an investment opportunity.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation