FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Lemon Hart question
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-12 11:10 pm   Permalink

When asked about Lemon Hart 151 at his symposium at The Hukilau, Beachbum Berry said he's exploring all options, including several rums not available in the U.S. ...
http://www.ministryofrum.com/rumdetails.php?r=514
http://www.firstdrinks.co.uk/rum_woods.html

Of course, that doesn't help us hicks living in the sticks.

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-13 06:27 am   Permalink

Bummer, non-US rums... But, Hayward, that's where the adventurous searchers are rewarded with pirate's booty for their efforts. There are several fine offshore suppliers who ship product to the US. Details have been posted previously elsewhere here on TC. Seek and ye shall find!

I was interested to hear The Bum declare yesterday in his symposium that he sips LH151 neat. I'm used to watering it down a bit, or letting an ice cube melt a bit. But if you sip it slowly I'm sure it's awesome. Truly, based on the many positive comments made by folks here at the Hukilau and elsewhere, the LH151 is a world-class rum.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-13 06:43 am   Permalink

I heard the Bum say he drinks the LH neat but missed what he said about exploring all options regarding substitutes. Fortunately the Inner Circle is pretty much readily available to me in Aus. but it is up around the $70 mark and the Woods shows up occasionally but that is usually even more than that. But it's good to know i can at least give them a try.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-14 1:13 pm   Permalink

I have become adventurous of late and have been sipping LH 151 neat and you have to do so at leadt once to appreciate all the layers in it. Certainly there is an alcohol burn but the most intense a d interesting sensation is the spice tingle on the lips a d tongue.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-15 10:13 am   Permalink

I'm told that Hi Times in Costa Mesa suddenly had nine cases of LH 151 as of yesterday. $30 a bottle.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 06:47 am   Permalink

I assumed this was an old thread until this weekend at Hukilau when I got the news. The Mai-Kai has bought every bottle in FL to warehouse. I immediately called the wife to get what we can. drinkupny did not offer free shipping on the $500 order I put in. I found 10 bottles nearby and they are checking the distributor tomorrow so I may get more. I do not want to go through this again! Last time I was drinking a lot fewer drinks calling for it. These days I go through a bottle a month or more. I am hoarding and will drink it eventually. In the mean time, I may be a LH 151 bootlegger when it dries up... I want to get at least 24 bottles on reserve in the rum cellar. Who knows when it will return and what it will taste like?

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-17 07:02 am   Permalink

On 2014-06-17 06:47, Swanky wrote:
drinkupny did not offer free shipping on the $500 order I put in.

You're right - I just read on their web site that For customers shipping to CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY & RI, Ground Shipping is FREE for orders over $199.99. Bummer.

My order arrived at work yesterday. It was funny to hear all the comments about how people were going to fight over the plain brown box with a FedEx sticker marked "alcohol inside"!

I heard, after I placed my drinkupny order, that there are still some bottles on shelves here in Jacksonville, FL. I'm probably going to pick up a few more today.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 07:44 am   Permalink

dang, i haven't found any around Tampa Bay...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-17 3:01 pm   Permalink

I was able to get my hands on 12 bottles; more than I'll probably use in a year but at lease It'll hold me until this situation levels out . . . or El Dorado steps up to the plate and starts bottling a dark 151 Demerara rum. They certainly have the network of distributors to pull it off and leave Lemon Hart in their dust!

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 3:18 pm   Permalink

I'm beginning to question this shortage. I just went to my local liquor store and the shelf that was empty for two weeks now has 5 new bottles?

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 7:50 pm   Permalink

dammit MaukaHale, where is the base of the Volcano?!

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 8:13 pm   Permalink

Darn, I was just in Ft Lauderdale last week. I could have brought you a few bottles.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 07:36 am   Permalink

If you come up to the Stampede this summer (I mean...who doesn't want to go to the Calgary Stampede?)...I can point you in the right direction of the LH 151. Hell, I "might" even share some with you at the Kanaloa lounge.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 09:32 am   Permalink

I'm still waiting for ATP to show up for a drink. Maybe he can share a few drink recipes with me. I only know a few that use the 151.

~ Adam Troy

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-18 09:32, MaukaHale wrote:
I'm still waiting for ATP to show up for a drink. Maybe he can share a few drink recipes with me. I only know a few that use the 151.

Did someone call my name?
I am more efficient then "Candyman", you only have to say my name once...

Funny thing is I like my LH 151 as a float in the good old classic Mai Tai the best
what are you folks favorite use for LH 151?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-06-18 11:40 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation