FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
Lemon Hart question
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 10:21 am   Permalink

Sunny&Rummy, I will obviously have to examine all the recipes, but I believe that most that contain LH80 are no more than 1 ounce, with the exception of Sidewinder's Fang. I know they met with an El Dorado rep and tasted the whole portfolio. So far, I've made the S.O.S. and Oh So Deadly and don't notice the difference. I'll post more comments about that over on the other thread.

Re Goslings, I know they definitely didn't want to go down in octane, which probably drove their decision. But if something better comes along that's widely available and not way overpriced, I'm sure they'd be open to try it. At this point, they had to make a move and it was probably the safest bet. I believe they used Goslings before Lemon Hart came back. So if you haven't been there in 4 years, you may not even notice.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 11:27 am   Permalink

And that's just the thing. . . When they started using LH151 in the Jet Pilot, Zombie and 151 Swizzle it was an improvement that was immediately apparent. We had tasted those drinks a few times pre-2012 and they were quite good, but after reintroducing LH151 in 2012 those same drinks were all stellar.

I trust they will do the best they can with the products available, and their drinks will still be better than 99% of the drinks you'll find anywhere.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 12:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-10-20 09:41, happy buddha wrote:
Seems to me using Goslings you would definitely notice the change.

My thought on Goslings 151 is that it's a dark-profiled 151, vs El Dorado, Cruzan, Bacardi, or Wray & Nephew. I am also saying this strictly on theory and based on shared opinion. I actually can't wait to give it a try myself after I buy a bottle.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 09:19 am   Permalink

Anyone in the Denver area, I can tell you a store that has two bottles of LH151 in stock, at $29.99. PM me.
Edit: OK, it's Applejack Wine & Spirits. Call to confirm they still have 'em, and they'll pull them from the shelves and set aside for you.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2014-10-25 20:28 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 1:52 pm   Permalink

Likewise I'd like to point out that Vendome Wine & Spirits in Toluca Lake, CA still has a surprising stock of LH151. They had 8 bottles, so I snagged 3, leaving 5 for you savages out there. $33.99

[ This Message was edited by: kkocka 2014-10-25 13:55 ]

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 11:01 am   Permalink

This weekend I had the equivalent of finding the $100 bill in an old jacket pocket. I keep my inventory LH 151 stored in the protective boxes they came in - except of course for the bottle currently in use. Anyway I have most of my go-to booze in a cabinet with less used stuff in some lower cabinets etc.... So this weekend as I did a little fall cleaning, I was pleasantly surprised when I came across a unopened old label bottle of LH151. It was stuck behind some pilsner glasses way in the back of a lower cabinet. It must have been stashed years ago as my last stand for LH 151 the first time they stopped making it. Its like Christmas in October.....

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mick

Posted: 2 days ago; 1:14 pm   Permalink

For those of you in the Vancouver BC area, The liquor store at 5 road and Cambie Plaza in Richmond has Lemonhart 151 Dem in stock.

View Profile of Mick Send a personal message to Mick  Email Mick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jamoke
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2 days ago; 10:09 pm   Permalink

Ordered some Denizen online this week and was surprised to see that Lemon Hart is still available from drinkupny.com
Just had to order a few more LH151 to round out the shipment and reach my hoarding limit.

Get em while they're hot.

View Profile of jamoke Send a personal message to jamoke      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation