[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day New York
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
International Tiki Day New York
Nui Nui 2
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-22 09:00 am   Permalink

I just found out my wife booked us to fly out to New York on Aug. 9th for a week of fun filled family (in-laws) visit. Anything going on to celebrate intl. tiki day? I will probably only be able to sneak out a couple of nights, but Otto's sounds great what night of the week would be the best night to go? You know those angry punk rockers like Ben scare me.

View Profile of Nui Nui 2 Send a personal message to Nui Nui 2  Email Nui Nui 2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-22 09:35 am   Permalink

Hey Nui Nui,

You'll have to drag Ben and Vicky out to Otto's! You'll love that place.

Based on personal experience, I know that Inky, Manic & Tiki Chris are just looking for an excuse to party during International Tiki Week.

Just give them a reason.

Tiki, New York style (you talkin' to me?).

We'll have to arrange a conference call with the Big Apple Ohana on 8/9.

Catcha later.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-22 4:53 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the Big Apple Tiki!

Ottos' is great for Tiki music on Mondays with the Fisherman (exotica vibraphone)
and Thursdays with The Moonlighters "We play Martin Denny/Robert Drasnin-style Hawaiiania and Exotica that will thrill and still your heart (with some incredible surprises). Don't miss it! As always, there is NO COVER CHARGE!!Otto's Shrunken Head, 538 E. 14th @ Ave. B 212-228-2240"
-- The Moonlighters mailing list.

The Moonlighters play Waikiki Wally's on Tuesdays. WW is a must-see as well, despite it's negative press on TC. The members who do post regularly actually really enjoy the place. And Zombie Hut in Brooklyn as well.
You can private message me too and we can set a date!
Manic Cat

[ This Message was edited by: manic cat on 2003-07-22 16:54 ]

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-25 10:14 am   Permalink

Should we all get together on the 9th?
I am going to be out of town the day before through early evening Sat, but I think we need to celebrate for sure. I was thinking maybe we should protest outside of the United Nations to see if they can add us as a "TikiNation"!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 10:55 am   Permalink

Inky & Manic,

Turn up the heat on BB to get his ass out to the City!

The Ko-Huna has spoken.

P.S. Did you see the thread on the Witco Bar at Dullsville from Donhonyc?

Better check it out!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4779&forum=1&3

Aloha,

Sten

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-07-25 10:56 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 10:48 pm   Permalink

[quote)

Turn up the heat on BB to get his ass out to the City
[/quote]

Aloha NEW YORK!!!!!!

Sorry to bum your flows but, Bamboo aint gonna make it to the city. Bamboo is going to the lake and is going to chill. Bamboo lives Bamboo/Tiki 24-7. Bamboo needs a break from Tiki(and here's my chance!4 days!)

There's always the next time. Inky got to chill in that sweet beach hut on Cnch Crab Fl. after we ( King Kook, C'Al and Bamboo) bombarded her with 4.5 hrs. of BBQ, and chat. Oh,how I wanted to tear up the city wit you all but, I'm gonna hang back for this one. Mahao's for understanding!!!!

Hey Bong! I'll light off a "Mafia Mortor" jst for you! (piss on Bax's leg for me will you!!) Biggest City Mahalooooooooo's

Ben Boo Bam!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 10:55 pm   Permalink

p.s., my keyboard is on glue!! It eats letters I type!! Can't figure out why. Who cares. I need a break! Damn computers!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-22 09:00, Nui Nui 2 wrote:
... New York on Aug. 9th for a week ... Anything going on to celebrate intl. tiki day? I will probably only be able to sneak out a couple of nights, but Otto's sounds great what night of the week would be the best night to go?

i'm game. will get back to you (probably later today or tomorrow) about when best to meet up.

aloha,
tiki chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 9:09 pm   Permalink

august 9th is no good for me but any other evening should be okay.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2003-08-01 12:53 pm   Permalink

bamboo + mrs. bamboo...
I am broken hearted.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alanmny

Posted: 2003-08-02 10:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-25 10:14, inkylouise wrote:
Should we all get together on the 9th?
I am going to be out of town the day before through early evening Sat, but I think we need to celebrate for sure. I was thinking maybe we should protest outside of the United Nations to see if they can add us as a "TikiNation"!

I am new to this group and would love to meet fellow tiki followers in the New York City area....Saturday night, August 9th I am free after 10 p.m. Please keep me posted.

Thank you!

View Profile of Alanmny Send a personal message to Alanmny  Email Alanmny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 12:52 pm   Permalink

I think Tiki Chris says that the 9th is bad for him. I prefer the Monday 11th because week nights are much better to go out on than on the weekends in the city. Plus, fisherman plays at Ottos, Tiny Bubbles at Wally's, and if the Pontanis aren't on tour, they are dancing at Marion's.
M C

[ This Message was edited by: manic cat on 2003-08-04 12:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: manic cat on 2003-08-04 12:56 ]

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-04 12:52, manic cat wrote:
Monday 11th because week nights are much better to go out on than on the weekends in the city. Plus, fisherman plays at Ottos, Tiny Bubbles at Wally's, and if the Pontanis aren't on tour, they are dancing at Marion's.
M C

monday the 11th works for me.

inkylouise

Posted: 2003-08-04 1:49 pm   Permalink

Monday the 11th is good for me...sort of a delayed "ITD" celebration...

Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-08-04 2:15 pm   Permalink

As founder of (Big Music!) INTERNATIONAL TIKI DAY, I think it's fine to celebrate INTERNATIONAL TIKI DAY on August 11. As long as you are celebrating INTERNATIONAL TIKI DAY!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation