FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 2014 - Beat * Tiki - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2014 - Beat * Tiki - Official thread
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-12 1:58 pm   Permalink

Just. Enjoy.

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
headpaneer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-13 08:02 am   Permalink

It looks like I can only book for one day (at the Crowne Plaza) - either Thursday or Sunday. I have not seen a notice about rooms from the Tiki Oasis newsletter subscription.

[ This Message was edited by: headpaneer 2014-04-13 08:02 ]

View Profile of headpaneer Send a personal message to headpaneer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-13 08:08 am   Permalink

Rooms at the Crowne Plaza are in fact sold out for Friday and Saturday. There are often cancellations around the cancellation date. We also have a group rate at Comfort Inn. About a 15 min walk. And Kings Inn. Home of the Waffle Spot

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
headpaneer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-14 10:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-13 08:08, Otto wrote:
Rooms at the Crowne Plaza are in fact sold out for Friday and Saturday. There are often cancellations around the cancellation date. We also have a group rate at Comfort Inn. About a 15 min walk. And Kings Inn. Home of the Waffle Spot

Thanks for letting me know about the possibility of cancellations. I booked the other days at the King’s Inn (though they didn’t have the Tiki group code in place yet).

This will be my first time attending and I want to get the most out of the experience. Can’t wait!

View Profile of headpaneer Send a personal message to headpaneer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
belinda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-01 6:02 pm   Permalink

are the event tickets refundable ?

View Profile of belinda Send a personal message to belinda  Goto the website of belinda     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
belinda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-01 6:18 pm   Permalink

whooops just checked. yes they are before aug 1 .

View Profile of belinda Send a personal message to belinda  Goto the website of belinda     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Axle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-02 10:53 am   Permalink

Looking forward to DJ'ing Tiki Oasis again .

View Profile of Axle Send a personal message to Axle  Goto the website of Axle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kraken tim

Posted: 2014-05-04 10:12 pm   Permalink

Otto: Have a date set for symposium tickets sale? Will there be advanced warning? Looking forward to TO14!
Thanks.

View Profile of kraken tim Send a personal message to kraken tim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amypayne

Posted: 2014-05-06 08:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-04 22:12, kraken tim wrote:
Otto: Have a date set for symposium tickets sale? Will there be advanced warning?

Most likely not until the end of this month or mid June.

You should join the Facebook group--more info is posted there on a quiker basis although I am sure it will be posted here as well FB is just faster.

View Profile of amypayne Send a personal message to amypayne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-06 08:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-06 08:00, amypayne wrote:
quiker

QUICKER------The Spelling Police

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 09:22 am   Permalink

Hey GROG,

You should have a space to separate the dashes after the corrected word, like this:

QUICKER ------ The Spelling Police

Better:

"QUICKER"
- The Spelling Police

From your helpful pal,
- Cammo

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cindiluhui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-08 11:06 am   Permalink

I am over the moon excited. My husband and I have been working on ideas for our room party and I'm already starting to train for the 5k I hope to do Sunday morning.

View Profile of Cindiluhui Send a personal message to Cindiluhui      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-10 09:06 am   Permalink

I know some of the ladies are interested in the PIN-UP GLAMOUR PACKAGES at Tiki Oasis... there are only a few left so I wanted to post the link here! note; ladies you do not have to have any experience with modeling to do this!

http://www.tikioasis.com/2014/special_events/glamour_pin-up_packages/

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 11:19 am   Permalink

Hey tiki peeps! If you are looking for a band for a room party... my 2 bands are available anytime Friday or Saurday night. Please spread the word! Mahalo! Tony
you can reach me at
swingomatic@yahoo.com
The Martini Kings with or without burlesque or go-go gals
The Cocksmen with or with burlesque or go-go gals.

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-27 10:14 pm   Permalink

SYMPOSIUM TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE
http://www.tikioasis.com/2014/symposiums/

This year we have worked really hard to stack the deck for the last day of the weekender.
Of course we have Charles Phoenix. We have also added Architect John Mock - the guy who did all of the exterior Tiki decor and every Tiki renovation for the Hanalei. We also have Brian Chidester and The Millionaire presenting extremely rare and untold history of proto Exotica poet and musician Eden Ahbez. And to top it off we have a cocktail symposium with authors Derek & Clint.
Symposium tix are on sale here

Then the grand finale of the weekender - Tiki Oasis is proud to announce Sunday Sixties showcase with The Standells and Love Revisited and The Loons
"Sunday in the Garage" is the closing party to the Tiki Oasis weekender. Tickets are available as a package for the whole weekend or for one night only. If you have already bought a three-day pass and want to upgrade to an all-weekend pass we can help you do so (reply to tikioasis@gmail.com)

The Standells are a cornerstone of 1960s punk/garage music with their hits "Dirty Water" and "Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White" But their crowning glory for the L.A. rock n roll scene was their opening scene footage and soundtrack work for the B-movie quasi documentary "Riot on the Sunset Strip"
Their first major performance was in Honolulu at the Oasis Club. I'm not making this up!

Like The Standells on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Standells

Their first hit single
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6v4hbHkT5Q

Riot on the Sunset Strip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJnqN20y8nI

Beyond the Beat Generation radio show interview
http://home.uni-one.nl/kesteloo/standells.html

Note the author of the recent book about the LA music scene in the 1960s, "Riot on the Sunset Strip", Domenic Priore will be at Tiki Oasis signing this and his other books including "Beatsville"
++++++++++++++++++

Love was the biggest, most respected band on the L.A. club scene a the zenith of that creative musical explosion in 1966. For example, even though The Doors had a number one hit record they continued to be the opening band for Love in Los Angeles.

Original lead guitarist Johnny Echols is supported by seasoned Baby Lemonade crew who backed Arthur Lee.

Here's a short movie of Love in their prime

And a historic walk through Hollywood with Johnny Echols

++++++++++++++++++
The Loons
Local luminaries The Loons include Mike Stax, former member of The Tell-Tale Hearts and founder of Ugly Things magazine, and Anja, former member of London garage Go Go band The Diaboliks and current member of 60s girl group The Rosalyns. The Loons are all set to launch their fourth album this summer.

On Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Loons/232741289797

Another Life - short film
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=loons+another+life

Alexander:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CseSSJ3isTY

www.tikioasis.com

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation