[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Kanaloa Lounge II in Germany
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Kanaloa Lounge II in Germany
rumfass

Posted: 2014-04-10 03:03 am   Permalink

Hi everyone,
i read about 2 years in this forum and this would be my first post at tikiroom.
I lived in Germany an here it is very difficult to became tiki stuff and so on (sorry for my bad english).
5 years ago we buy our house with a 37200 squareinch cellar and nothing to do with it.
My friend Krazy Tiki Art said,that would be a nice tiki bar room.
After 1 year of buildung,i am quite satisfied.
Now you should see the pictures...

output standing

before:

after:

new bamboo:

Tiki handle from KTA:

door with foam:

Art from Doug Dorr.He is an amazing artist !!!

Front door:

Fish tank without fish:

deco:

Mugs:

Volcano:

So,what do you said?
The floor must be renovated...

View Profile of rumfass Send a personal message to rumfass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-10 03:23 am   Permalink

Wow. That is an amazing place. Love the room. The fishtank is looking really good.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-10 06:44 am   Permalink

Awesome work! You've done a better job at finding tiki stuff in Germany than I have in Virginia.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-10 07:02 am   Permalink

Nice job on the door.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-10 07:03 am   Permalink

Welcome to Tiki Central and I'm so glad you shared your photos. You did a great job! I think the old floor has charm and would only change it if it was in bad condition.

Beautiful space.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Masher88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-10 07:10 am   Permalink

Your place looks amazing!!

View Profile of Masher88 Send a personal message to Masher88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-10 08:09 am   Permalink

OMG that's incredible!!! considering it must be next to impossible to find tiki stuff at thrift stores in Germany, you have done an amazing job!! Love your volcano and your fish tank is beautiful !!!! where did you find your rattan furniture? welcome to the forum too! cant wait to see more pix !
paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-10 08:14 am   Permalink

Very well done!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-10 09:16 am   Permalink

Looks amazing. Nice job!!!!

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-10 4:53 pm   Permalink

I actually liked the original bar, except the tile top.

I love your bar top. Looks great and the bamboo sides are perfect. The fish tank is looking great. I like all the decorations. I am glad you found all of these in Germany. Keep up the good work!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rumfass

Posted: 2014-04-11 02:25 am   Permalink

Hello,
the rattan furniture i have from 2 different eBay auctions.That was a lucky happenstance which both have the same coatings!

View Profile of rumfass Send a personal message to rumfass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-11 02:29 am   Permalink

Wow..
sehr cool !

cheers,
HT

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-04-11 11:20 am   Permalink

I agree...nice job even though you were challenged in finding resources. Keep up the great work. CHEERS

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-12 09:31 am   Permalink

The floor looks great, it bounces the light and looks to be easy to wipe that good German beer and remember the bar is never finish! Good luck on finding Tiki!

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-13 5:22 pm   Permalink

Hi Rumfass,

Great job! I like those handles, where did you find those may I ask?

And from personal experience, there's nothing like good German beer in a tiki mug - my preference is Bitburger. I know rum based cocktails are standard but sometimes the tiki gods demand a brewski.

Aloha,
Thurston

Postscript: There's a cool little beach shack coffee house here in Hervey Bay run by German national - its called Enzo's. He came here as a tourist and stayed. I'll take some pics for you.

[ This Message was edited by: Thurston Howell IV 2014-04-13 17:25 ]

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation