FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-12 10:58 am   Permalink

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is a normal way to start a new art swap, but I'm not too normal anyway.

This is only my third swap but I had a blast so far.

I guess we need to get a list of participants and a topic.

I kind of like the idea of space/alien tiki.

What's everyone think?

Thanks for the honor of being your leader this time around. I hope to serve you well.

Does a finish date of July 31 work for everyone?
TU

[ This Message was edited by: TU 2014-04-19 06:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TU 2014-04-19 06:15 ]

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-12 3:17 pm   Permalink

way to rock the swap, TU!

Whatever theme we go for, I am IN! Personally, end of July works fine for me
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-12 10:51 pm   Permalink

Welcome TU!!! I am in, let's get this party started!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 12:15 am   Permalink

TU, I'm in- open to (er, almost) all themes- space sounds like it would produce some cool pieces. My mind goes away from tiki and right to Sun Ra (jazz musician):

End of July works for me. Anyone else?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2014-04-13 00:16 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-13 06:46 am   Permalink

Awesome!! If anyone has any other ideas, lets post them and find out what the majority of people want to do. I will post the final subject in the next week if there are more suggestions.

TU

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-13 07:07 am   Permalink

space/alien tiki sounds fun to me.

I'll sign up. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 08:28 am   Permalink

I'm in
Any theme
Any time

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraFremgen

Posted: 2014-04-13 10:43 am   Permalink

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am intrigued by the idea of an art swap? Can someone explain how this works?

I'm an artist and am interested!

Thanks!

Sandra

www.PandaandMe.com

View Profile of SandraFremgen Send a personal message to SandraFremgen  Email SandraFremgen Goto the website of SandraFremgen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-13 12:45 pm   Permalink

Sandra,

Glad to have you on board!

Here is the basic deal:

Everyone involved creates an original piece of art. This can be sculpture, carving, painting, drawing, etc.

Your piece has to be finished by the due date, July 31. At the end, I will do a drawing. You get an original work and will send your work to someone else.

I will post the "official" rules as soon as I am done with taxes. I promise to have my art for the swap done earlier. lol

The theme is looking like it will be a space/alien tiki theme.

TU

bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 4:29 pm   Permalink

definitely in for this..will be tres COOL

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 5:56 pm   Permalink

Count me in!

An alien tiki swap sounds like a fun idea. Thank you for heading the swap up.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-14 04:29 am   Permalink

Been awhile since I was in one of these. Count me in . Space tiki sounds great .

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-14 06:45 am   Permalink

I love the idea of space/alien tiki! Maybe we can throw in robot? I'm in for it. In the past I've had to bow out of a couple, but I've already got a piece or two that would work for this. So fuN!

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-14 08:53 am   Permalink

Thanks for taking over TU, count cy in.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-14 6:30 pm   Permalink

Great turn out so far! I am not big into rules, so anything that seems space, alien, sci-fi robot mixed in with tiki works for me.

Just so everyone in clear, here are the rules from the last swap and they seemed to go well, so I stole them...I mean was influenced by them.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, you make an original art piece (not a mold or a print) inspired by the theme in any media ~ could be a painting, digital, carving, ceramic mug, beaded, knit, sewn, mixed, diorama, whatever. Usually, at the end of the Swap you are paired at random with another participant and you swap art ~ you get theirs and they get yours.

If you want a secret random drawing, let me know. I'm good either way.

I'm stoked about the theme and started some sketches today. Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement. This is going to be an out of this world swap!!

Thanks!
tu

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation