FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-11 10:14 am   Permalink

Love da CY shirt Mike, but I think Wendy wants it...

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2014-06-13 21:48 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-12 11:35 am   Permalink

Hey all,

I was pretty certain that I was going to have to back out of the swap since I've ben really busy with my son's surgery and I only have access to a kiln for 10 more days because school is almost over BUT I finally found time today to start creating what has been in my mind since this all started. I'll take and post a picture tomorrow.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-12 12:34 pm   Permalink

Lori- glad u in

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-13 09:24 am   Permalink

Jon she looks SERIOUS!!!!!
Lori! Glad you're in

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-13 6:02 pm   Permalink

No pics - sorry - but some tragedy. I guess I made my alien a little too skinny cause he got decapitated overnight and his skinny little legs got broken off. He wasn't anywhere near dried so I did some repair work on him and left him with damp towels on him for the weekend. So we'll see his status on Monday.

For those like me, who like to make pictures in their heads, he's a slab clay piece of a large headed alien holding a tiki mug. I'd like him to be a wall hanging so I'm going to put a hole or two in him for some cording to hang. I'm hoping we have a really neon green to glaze him in. I don't have time to order any more glazes so I'll just have to go with what we have in school or get something that can be baked in a home oven after he's been fired.

Fingers crossed! Everyone else is kicking butt!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-14 6:07 pm   Permalink

Sorry about the set-back Lori. This looks like a job for PAPERCLAY!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-14 10:28 pm   Permalink

Done
Not sure if I need gloss or not
Hmmmm

TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-15 07:18 am   Permalink

Lori, way to not give up!

H10, nice job and great pics!

Happy Father's Day to ask the dads out there

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-15 7:15 pm   Permalink

Very cool Jon! I, personally, am a fan of gloss

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-16 9:57 pm   Permalink

Here are some concept drawings for my swap piece.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 08:00 am   Permalink

Mauka nice concept, like the meteor/floats! Those came out great Jon. We know that GROG is the spelling police but it looks like Wendy is the copyright mafia. Hanna- Barbera is watching you MadDog.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 8:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Cy.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-17 10:18 pm   Permalink

I was serious. Make a swap or else!

All this looks great. I'm seeing a lot of fine art from artists who should keep doing this all year long. That means you Colorado-MT.

hang10tiki you stole my alien! Good job. I may still use him.

I have a lot to catch up on and then back to work.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 9:28 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2014-06-20 06:36 ]

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-24 7:40 pm   Permalink

Here's what he looked like post firing before I glazed him.

His legs broke - again.

I glazed him up and because of the triple break I didn't even attempt to have the glaze fuse the pieces together as I've done in the past. Today was the last day I could fire so I have my fingers crossed that he's not horrible when the kiln opens tomorrow. If the glazing is good then I'll have to try to crazy glue the legs or come up with some other solution that doesn't involve a kiln since I won't have access again with one until after the swap.

I'll post a pic soon and I'll be looking for advice on repairs.......

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation