FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-25 06:36 am   Permalink

Hey everybody!

Lori-I like the idea of the Flat Stanley guy. You could give him a grass skirt or bermudas to cover the breaks.

Jon-I like the idea, especially the volcano.

Still like 5 weeks left! My painting room is currently being used as storage for some friends who aren't sure how much stuff will fit in a 6 by 8 trailer when moving to Oregon, but I think I am going to overtake the dining room for a couple hours.

Take it easy everyone!

mix it with rum

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-25 12:59 pm   Permalink

Great ideas, TU! Camouflage clothing!

Good news is the glaze came out pretty good. This is my favorite swap piece by far. I kinda want to keep him! Bad news is that the cell phone pic is blurry. I am stoked how the color on the mug came out. It looks exactly like the mug I have that I was modeling it after.

For those of you looking closely yes, I glazed the wrong side of the small broken foot!

Lori
edited to add the picture

[ This Message was edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2014-06-25 13:00 ]

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-26 9:38 pm   Permalink

LoriLovesTiki he is so cute. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-27 11:47 am   Permalink

I'm getting motivated to start something!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-27 5:29 pm   Permalink

Plenty of time to start something everybody!

I like the legs. Alien-tiki-like-an-Egyptian

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-02 2:53 pm   Permalink

Happy July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July. I am heading to Southern California tomorrow, but I will still check the posts.

We only have 29 days left to finish the swap! Time is going by sooooo fast.

Thanks again for everyone who joined in the swap. This has made my summer a lot of fun!!

Cheers.
John

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-05 09:46 am   Permalink

Looks good Lori, Aloha there is still time to jump in. My idea of painting on glass did not pan out so instead used watercolor paper to finish. Next is finding a frame.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-05 7:57 pm   Permalink

Wow CY that takes me back to my childhood and Dan's too. I still feel sorry for them because their meals were pills. See you soon, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-05 9:08 pm   Permalink

Love it Cy!!!

I'm on vacation in Anaheim for a couple days so posting might be sporadic till I'm home.

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 8:19 pm   Permalink

I really wish I knew what I was doing. For the first concept drawing I used water colors and now I'm trying to see if I can use acrylic and put it on canvas. I guess this is why I jumped in to see what I could do! How's everyone else doing? Is everyone done?

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

It looks great so far, MaukaHale. What I like about acrylics is I can paint them thick like oils, thin like water colors, or anything in between.

My wife reminded me I still needed to finish my painting, so I worked some today and will finish tomorrow, with pics. There are still 3 weeks left until the deadline, so no worries about rushing to finish.

mix it with rum

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-12 9:27 pm   Permalink

I think I'll use Monkeyman's album frame idea for this project.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-14 11:49 am   Permalink

Lookin good everyone.......

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-14 8:47 pm   Permalink

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-15 12:32 pm   Permalink

Here is my finished piece!

In case anyone isn't sure, there are 16 days left of the swap.

Hope everyone is having an awesome summer.

mix it with rum

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation