FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-19 3:40 pm   Permalink

YAY!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-19 3:50 pm   Permalink

Wendy, that is one good looking goof! (Or, the goof is looking good?)

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-19 9:45 pm   Permalink

He looks a lot like I do when I wake up in the morning

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-19 9:46 pm   Permalink

MaukaHale hello Colorado, has it stopped snowing?

TU only 12 days! Horrors, no aliens, no deadlines!

ZeroTiki Neigh!

TikiAno he's looking at something. I don't know what. He's happy you think he looks good. I told him to see a dentist.
Is it Hot Chocolate time?

MadDogMike did you see your do not disturb sign?

=========================================================

Just a couple more steps completed for the Alien Tiki Swap.

I covered the sky with stars. I used a special ceramics paint that sparkles as you walk by. This makes the painting seem alive.

I also added a small earth in the background.

This is a really fun swap. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-19 21:51 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-20 05:51 am   Permalink

Wendy,

The high today will be 97 and it will reach 100 by Tuesday. The temperatures still won't stop me from playing ice hockey twice a week.

Nice touch with the ceramic paint for the stars. You have created a piece of art that exercises the mind by asking the question, "What is happening in this picture?"

What did you use to draw The Goof on the canvas, a pen or pencil? I'm new to acrylic painting. Someone told me that if you use pencil it can bleed into the paint.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2014-07-20 06:00 ]

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-20 08:12 am   Permalink

MaukaHale gosh I've never had a problem with a pencil but this painting and most others that I've done I've used a permanent felt pen marker. It makes doing a copy of an original so much easier. I once did Elvis and his nose was too long. I had to start over. That is when I started using photos for any copies. Doing your own thing is super easy doing a copy and getting the proportions right is really hard.

How did you do it CY?

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-20 7:34 pm   Permalink

Wendy my background in art comes from redrawing rough pencil sketches done by super artists into inked finals that I then added colors to. I learned so much from a variety of styles that obviously influence me to this day, but my own style went completely off the rails when I tired of doing others' work. I really wanted this piece to closely resemble the original and am happy with George but the rest are a bit off. (Don't tell anyone) I downloaded a very blurry-bad copy from the internet and just replaced Astro with a moai and added Hawaiian props. Here is the framed and finished product ready to ship or hand deliver to Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-21 08:39 am   Permalink

CY it looks perfect to me and I watched all those cartoons. Good job. More and more I'm sad to miss Tiki Oasis and all my tiki buddies. Wendy

TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-21 10:11 am   Permalink

It's The Final Countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 10 days left

On August 1 when I get home from work I will conduct the random drawing.

Great Job Everyone

Here is the list of the completed swap pieces so far. If I missed you, sorry, please let me know...

Zero
Mad Dog
Cy
Anthony
Hang 10
Tiki Ano
Lori
Mauka Hale
and me

Still plenty of time before the deadline. Wish I could see you guys in San Diego. Darn job

[ This Message was edited by: TU 2014-07-21 10:30 ]

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-21 12:38 pm   Permalink

Tu,

Thank you for running the swap. It's been a fun endeavor for me. My category is actually "almost finished." I'll have it finished this weekend. I haven't posted a picture of the finished art yet.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-21 1:46 pm   Permalink

Tu, thanks for running this Swap. I'm finished frighteningly earlier than usual, shocking!

cy, I also was a Jetsons watcher, and it looks great to me!

Wendy, sent you a message re: chocolate.

Plenty of time left...! (???)

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-22 2:41 pm   Permalink

Only 9 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone doing?

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 07:41 am   Permalink

Almost done.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 08:58 am   Permalink

Awesome swap

Near disaster.
So I decided to put a coat of clear gloss on the Goof alien project,
for some reason the gloss did not like the white paint and turned it brown.

Also the type of wood I used for the alien must not like gloss either and came out horrible.

Sanded the gloss off the whitehat and repainted it.
Sanded the gloss off the alien and restain him grey.
Gloss left on the lower half of da Goof.
Done!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2014-07-23 09:01 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-23 09:02 am   Permalink

Excellent hang10tiki. He's really cute and so is the little grey alien. Glitches make us better artists, good job of overcoming the obstacles. Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation