FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-01 10:10 pm   Permalink

Thank you TU for a wonderful swap. We are looking forward to having Sandra's art in our home and shipping
my painting to LoriLovesTiki.

Lori I have your address. Is shipping by US Post Office this weekend OK?

Cheers, Wendy

PS lets not forget to post photos when we each receive our art

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-02 08:18 am   Permalink

It's so funny that the girls are swapping with the girls and the guys with the guys! I can't wait to receive Wendy's painting and will be boxing up my guy for Sandra.

Thanks again for a great swap!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-02 09:05 am   Permalink

Bummer... I thought my post on Thursday night indicated I was in the swap. I literally was packing and unpacking a moving truck all day Friday and back at it today. I just popped on to see who my trade partner was. Oh well... my twin girls said my swap piece was their favorite tiki-inspired project I've completed and were bummed to hear I was swapping it. Looks like they will get it!

Everything looks great... Enjoy your swaps!

Peace,
Jason 'TikiDaye'

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-02 1:45 pm   Permalink

Jason,

Sorry I'm an idiot sometimes. See the pm I just sent you.

John

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 3:43 pm   Permalink

Swap piece has blasted off towards its new home! Thanks again for yet another fun swap!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-03 7:07 pm   Permalink

We dropped off the box for LoriLovesTiki, should be there in 7 working days. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 11:35 am   Permalink

Zero,

This morning the entire village carried your art, gently on palm fronds, down to the beach. It was carefully placed in an outrigger canoe that will sail to your distant shore. Flower leis were thrown upon the boat to wish it safe passage. As the canoe sailed away there were joyous sounds from the native drums as the canoe sailed out of sight.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 4:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-04 11:35, MaukaHale wrote:
Zero,

This morning the entire village carried your art, gently on palm fronds, down to the beach. It was carefully placed in an outrigger canoe that will sail to your distant shore. Flower leis were thrown upon the boat to wish it safe passage. As the canoe sailed away there were joyous sounds from the native drums as the canoe sailed out of sight.

Perfect. Hang10, we'll do the trade in person at Oasis- Mike, are we all up for an in=person swap again? (I'm trying to finish some last minute pieces before Oasis, but it is up to the kiln gods at this point....

Look forward to seeing everyone with their new art!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-05 7:57 pm   Permalink

My box is packed and ready to go out first thing in the morning!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-10 8:55 pm   Permalink

HOORAY!!!!!! TC is BACK!!!

I found, the other day, a package that had the faint scent of lilac & hibiscus, which obviously had been tended to very carefully by the natives of the island whose sand still clung to the carefully wrapped parcel...

And what a wonderful package it was! SO many Mahalos!

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-11 07:28 am   Permalink

Zero,

I received your package last week but I couldn't post until today.

And there were plenty of surprise!

I'm looking forward to trying your drink the "Atomic Space Race." Is the Lemon Hart rum the 151?

I think I'll have to pass on the "Warp Core Breach." That calls for a lot of alcohol!

Thanks for all the fun that came with your stunning art.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-11 11:32 am   Permalink

So glad you liked my little additions - I am kind of known to add the 'secret toy surprise in every box'.

The Lemonhart for the space race is the 151/overproof variety. I think you will like it! I wouldn't recommend the warp core breach for less than 3 people. Don't want anyone walking out of an airlock!
Thanks again to TU and everyone else that made this yet another fantastic (even stellar) art swap!
~Zero

TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-11 5:47 pm   Permalink

Here is the awesome mug from Mad Dog. I can't wait to try the drink too!! I think it is kinda funny that the picture loaded sideways.

Great swap everyone! I am always impressed by the quality of art people are willing to trade.

Until next time...

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-11 8:54 pm   Permalink

I'm behind. My beautiful painting has arrived. Photo soon, thank you so much Sandra, Wendy

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-12 3:50 pm   Permalink

Nice to see the killer swap items finding new homes

Ano- we will see you at Oasis soon for the swap
Since I started a second piece ( when I thought I messed up the Goof)
I'll bring it for you as well.
Finished it last night
I'll post a pic tonight

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation