FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-18 5:29 pm   Permalink

Wendy, I bet it is going to be cool.

TikiAno, nice start.

Yesterday was a 13 hour work day, so I didn't get a chance to check, but I'm stoked everyone is started and posting. If I can get a decent pic, I will post my sketch for my painting. Still thinking about where to put the Plastic Pink Flamingo.

tu

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 9:45 pm   Permalink

Looking good everyone... I am in!

I missed our last swap and moved over the past year... I am now in Colorado!

Cannot wait to see all the pieces come together.

Has anyone reached out to any of the other art swappers to see if they are in?

peace,
Jason

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 06:09 am   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 09:46 am   Permalink

Welcome, guys! looks like an out of this world swap!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 4:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-19 09:46, ZeroTiki wrote:
Welcome, guys! looks like an out of this world swap!

There's going to be a doozy of one-liners about this swap, huh?

I thought of something really good to write, but then forgot. I just sorta spaced out....

Another drawing, figuring out approach in clay for a mug. I might, as per usual, work on two separate pieces- thinking about a metallic glaze, or, on the other end of the spectrum, a green alien one. Hmmmm...

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2014-04-19 16:14 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-20 05:57 am   Permalink

Great start everyone!!

I will put together a list of participants in the next couple days, but if someone wants to join after that, the more the merrier.

If there is anything I have forgotten, let me know.

Thanks again for everyone joining in!

tu

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-20 11:37 am   Permalink

I am stoked at the participants I am seeing so far! This is definitely gearing up well! Progress so far:

Can't wait for the jokes to get astronomically bad!

Rock IT!
~Zero

PS- Already working on the always present, ZeroTiki "secret toy surprise in every package" - a real crackerjack move, if I do say so myself

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2014-04-20 11:40 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-20 5:00 pm   Permalink

Love it Zero! Way to lead the charge on posting your work.

tu

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-20 6:21 pm   Permalink

This is going to be a good one
Strong start everyone

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-22 11:25 pm   Permalink

Zero, looks great. Having had received an Art Swap from Zero, there's bound to be lots of out-of-this-world goodness. Look forward to seeing your work progress.

I plan on starting on mine next week...

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-23 07:28 am   Permalink

Getting excited about this!

Zero, you are quick! Way to get it going. Looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas.

Here are a couple sketches I've done, going to do a painting similar to the robot meets tiki drawing. I'm also doing a godzilla painting for another show, so that will get me in the mood!

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 09:05 am   Permalink

Sweet

3 ideas I'm thinking of
Time to pick one
Hmmmmmm

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-23 09:31 am   Permalink

Very cool stuff coming up! So good to see so many people on board, thanks again TU for leading the CHARGE!!!!!

I want to make an Alien Kane mug, here is a quick PhotoShop rendition

The plan is to make a slot in the front for a green glowstick to light up the eyes and headdress. Want to re-design him so that he has the the classic big alien eyes. Will have to find a good "alien" glaze

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 8:32 pm   Permalink

A great start to this event zero, the tentacled wahine reminds me of someone from my past. Wendy nice usage of a project gone awry, and I really like the first sketch WoodTiki. Love your idea MDM, glow sticks are too cool. I am at the same stage as anthonymaye and TikiAno, and I guess like everyone, working through ideas. I'm not into nostalgia, but went back a ways to pull from the futuristic "Jetsons" cartoon. I will do the final product back- painted on glass to resemble an animation cell.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 11:16 pm   Permalink

Mike
Cy

Awesome.....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation