FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-29 12:38 pm   Permalink

MDM, ha ha ha! Yeah, I switched over to plastic, too- they last forever, and they feel much more personal (to me)! ;0

(just kidding, folks).

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-29 8:09 pm   Permalink

Started building the form of one mug. Rolled out a slab, wrapped around a piece of PVC, and ended up with this. I'll let it set up for a few days then start to work on features for this "Some People Call Me a Space Moai" mug.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-30 09:20 am   Permalink

Yeah! Some call me the gangster of Lono.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-30 09:44 am   Permalink

WOW...Mike, I spit coffee over that line. I'm shocked you didn't go ahead with the next one....

"Some people call me Moairice"

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-30 12:00 pm   Permalink

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-30 6:43 pm   Permalink

Nice craters Zero!

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-01 08:28 am   Permalink

I wish I had some semblance of artistic talent, this goes right in with my tiki Star Wars room.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-01 9:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-30 18:43, TU wrote:
Nice craters Zero!

Thanks - I work out.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-01 9:26 pm   Permalink

Dang was going to make it to the studio to add ears and to start the face build out on the mug, but paddled out for a surf and stepped on a stingray. That's never fun, so I spent the afternoon not working AND not working on pottery, but sitting with my foot in a bucket of blazing hot water.

Hopefully the mug didn't get too dry with this blazing heat we're having down here in SD.

(Okay, not bragging to others in other parts of the country re: temperature, though it doesn't help clay).

TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-02 06:12 am   Permalink

Bummer about the stingray dude! It snowed here the other day.

Thanks for all the pics and work everyone is doing.

Keep working out Zero!

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraFremgen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-02 09:06 am   Permalink

Hello Tiki Artists!

I finally sat down at my computer to concept out some sketches that I want to do for the art swap. I've been looking at everybody's work so far! Good job!!! =)

My sketches revolve around a phrase that has been in my head "THe Loneliest Tiki." It made me think of a sad Tiki Character that got left behind on the moon. He is the last one standing.

And since I"ve been watching a lot of old Star Trek episodes with my husband, I had to include some space women. It seems like young WIlliam Shatner always gets the hot space girl! I'll probably move on to doing a bigger piece or more concepts...

Thanks for reading! I look forward to seeing more progress pictures.

Sandra

www.PandaandMe.com

View Profile of SandraFremgen Send a personal message to SandraFremgen  Email SandraFremgen Goto the website of SandraFremgen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-02 09:25 am   Permalink

Hahahaha! "Moairice", I love it!

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-02 12:40 pm   Permalink

Sandra, love both paintings- and your website as well! TU, sorry about the snow!

"even though I speak of PNG in spa-ace."

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2014-05-02 12:41 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-02 12:59 pm   Permalink

Sandra, looks good! There redhead is HOTT

TikiAno, did you keep the stingray? I
NEED one, can you hook me up?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-02 1:00 pm   Permalink

Everything is looking great!

Finally carved out some time to get in my studio and play with the paints...

...and a little more time...

...and that's a wrap for today!

Peace.

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation