FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-03 06:00 am   Permalink

Sandra--both of those are great. Love the panda stuff too.

TikiDave--Love the rocket, which reminds of an old band called "Love and Rockets"

I haven't had much time, but I hope to work more today once my gardener duties are finished.

MadDog--What do you need a stingray for? Can you freeze dry them or turn them into a lamp?

tu

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-03 08:14 am   Permalink

For this TU It could actually fit into this Swap theme!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30942&forum=1

JASON!!! Good to see you again, looks great so far.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-03 1:31 pm   Permalink

Mike - thanks, brother... We've been busy. Our Tribe has moved from the Arizona desert to the Colorado mountains!

Peace,
Jason 'Tiki' Daye

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-06 04:24 am   Permalink

Thanks Mad Dog. I have never seen one of those. Now I want one. I have some free time tomorrow, so I will work on my painting and post an update.

Keep up the good work everyone and keep posting, that way the thread doesn't get so far down the list that I have to look for it. lol

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 08:22 am   Permalink

How many do we have in in this swap?
Has anyone reached out to past swappers?

Peace,
Jason 'Tiki' Daye

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-06 7:58 pm   Permalink

Here is a list of the participants, thanks for those of you who sent me your email!

Zero
TikiAno
Wendy
Hang10tiki
Sandra
Moondog
Lori
Tipsy
Woodtiki
cy
Anthony
Jason
MadDog
Pikeys Dog
and tu

that makes 15 I think,

Did I miss anyone?

TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 9:11 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations...

Thanks for leading this one, TU!

Peace,
Jason 'Tiki' Daye

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 10:55 pm   Permalink

This is going to be good- especially if I can ever make it back into the studio. (Not to mention finishing off fighting this infection from that dang stingary).

Mike, no, the little buggers don't die when they attack- unfortunately. Next time you're in SD give me a ring and I can show you a few places where they all are- unfortunately I don't recommend trying to snag one. They're found in very shallow water and you don't want to wade out to find them (they bury themselves under the sand). Maybe with a hawaiian sling you can go shooting (blind) at them? I'll watch from afar.

Looks like we have a good amount of folks participating in this Swap! Love seeing everyone's work so far!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 08:32 am   Permalink

MadDog, I have an extra sting ray you can have. Sincerely -Steve Erwin

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 10:51 am   Permalink

cy - that joke kills.
PROGRESS!

the wahine is finally looking less...... dudely.

~Zero

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2014-05-07 10:52 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-07 12:51 pm   Permalink

KRIKEY!!!!!

Zero--You have captured the craters in their natural habitat! That big one looks a little cranky..

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 1:55 pm   Permalink

Unbelievable

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2014-05-07 14:05 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 4:16 pm   Permalink

Made it back to the studio today. The first cylinder I had built had dried a bit too much to work on (in the direction I wanted to head with it), so hand built another form. I started adding features. First, the Space Moai's "Spock-like" ears...

Then added its brow and mouth....

Then built up its nose...

Originally I had planned to have antennae coming up over the top of the mug, but decided it would be a little more demure if they were brushed back and hanging out behind its ears. These will be trimmed with texture added.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-08 7:41 pm   Permalink

Life long and make mugs, Ano.

I'm going to hi-jack the thread, rather than start a new one, to see if there are any recommendations for fun stuff to do in the LA/Santa Monica area the first week of June. If you have a suggestion, send me a pm.

tu

Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 11:02 am   Permalink

I wish I had the art skills and time to jump in on this.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation