FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 2:56 pm   Permalink

...a little more time in the studio today...

'The Marquesan Chronicles' is coming along!

Peace,
Jason 'Tiki' Daye

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-10 11:49 am   Permalink

Its been a bit so a lot to catch up on

Tikidaye --love the tiki so cool
Zero------looking good dig the hula girl
Tikiano---cant with to see the color on that ting
Sandra---- I LOVE YOUR ART!!! I will email you very soon
TU--------Dig the space ship and thanks for running the show!
Maddog----gonna be a wil one (and i will be looking for the hardware
Thats way cool)

Now on too the art i finished mine i posted the build on my thread

Its 4 pieces of glass with one shot enamel
sacramento being my home town i used it for the background
the foreground is burring folks and bones and the alien is a
tikied out mars attacks alien, and then a blank glass for the cover
the top is a carved plank of wood i used recycled crate for the
wood and some rope and old bamboo for the sides.
this was my first attempt at carving letters on the top.

Take Me To Your Tiki Bar is done maybe a little fine
tuning between now and the trade date.

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 6:05 pm   Permalink

Wow
Everything looks amazing
U guys are on fire

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-11 10:27 pm   Permalink

I got a start today but so far just a clay cylinder, nothing picture worthy

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

Things are looking great! I love this theme. I've been working on mine, and just about finished. Going to find a frame for it, add a couple highlights and good to gooooo!

Here are a couple progress shots:

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 11:50 am   Permalink

Pretty great stuff landing on planet SWAP!

Progress:

And say hello to Serv - O - bot 40000!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-13 2:42 pm   Permalink

I love it all!!!

I volunteered to take a day off from work and watch a sick grandson. Partially because he's a cool little 2 year old dude. And partially because I knew he would take a nap and I would get a chance to work on my Alien Kane

I knew it would be hard to glaze behind the Kane after he was attached. So I used some underglaze like engobe and painted it first while the clay was still wet. We'll see how that works out. The indentation is for the glow stick

Kane cut out and attached

Wanted a spaceship and a planet on the back but couldn't decide which planet. Thought about using Uranus but then there would be the inevitable Star Trek jokes (How is the spaceship Enterprise similar to toilet paper? They both circle Uranus looking for Klingons ) So I went with Saturn instead.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 4:02 pm   Permalink

Great start TU, Zero your painting is fantastic. Sandra your work is amazing! Space Moai is turning out cool TikiAno and I'm lovin' the art and colors on the Marquesan Chronicals TikiDaye. Anthonymaye that is outrageous! I really like to see the layering and how you fine tuned your piece Woodtiki, and MadDog that is too cool! I fell behind on my own work but will get going again after Caliente. A very good swap going on here!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 5:04 pm   Permalink

goodies!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-13 5:58 pm   Permalink

WoW!

Everything is looking great! Sorry I haven't been on the last couple days. My daughter just graduated high school a year early and is going to college next year for free, so we have been doing some celebrating!!

I am starting a new piece. The first one seems to have been abducted.

I got a pm from Foamy asking if it was too late to join. I said "Of course not!" so I think we are up to 16 now.

I will post a pic of my new painting as soon as it is something besides black. For now, if you want to see what it looks like, close your eyes real tight. There you go.

Keep on keepin on.
tu

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-14 7:27 pm   Permalink

Here is the new one. Still can't find the first one. I thought it might be some kind of conspiracy that my painting disappeared, so this one is different. Not sure how it will turn out, because I didn't sketch, just started painting. It is really blurry, but that just adds to the space effect I think.

tu

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 7:45 pm   Permalink

Looking a bit more Kane-ish and yet Alien too

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 7:56 pm   Permalink

Tu, alien abductions just... happen.

Mike, looks great. Zero, I can only imagine how cool the stuff you're packing into that canvas will be!

I got back into the studio today and started trimming and adding detail. Originally I had planned to have antennae sticking straight up out of the sides of the mug, but decided to keep them slicked back along the back of the Space Moai's head. This is how it ended up:

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-15 07:42 am   Permalink

Mad Dog I love the back of the mug, the little space ship fin! Of course, it's all crazy awesome also. Cool stuff all around from everyone!

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-15 8:19 pm   Permalink

Here is tonight's progress. The things in the middle are going to be ufos some day.

I love the mugs guys and wish I had that much talent!

We are off to a tremendous start!!

Everyone's work is outa sight...

tu

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation