FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel San Antonio & Austin Texas TX tiki bars?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
San Antonio & Austin Texas TX tiki bars?
thechariot65

Posted: 2014-04-12 10:28 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone! Going out of town and was wondering if there's any tiki bars in the San Antonio/Austin TX? Would like to come home with a souvenir mug from TX

Thanks!

View Profile of thechariot65 Send a personal message to thechariot65      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 08:06 am   Permalink

Nada - especially in the mugs territory.

We have a new Tiki Bar in Houston, but I do not believe they have their own mugs at this point, either.

But - we do have some good bars with excellent cocktails in both towns.
Weather Up in Austin has Tiki Night every Monday with very good cocktails.
The Brooklynite in San Antonio has Tiki Tuesdays - again, excellent cocktails.
drink. well. has an excellent MaiTai (they won last year's tiki week maitai contest)
Bar Congress has Tiki Weekdays (Tues, Wed, Thurs), but only in the Summer, so that has not started-up, yet.

So.....no tiki bars, but the above spots are where you can get a variety of very good cocktails & get your tiki cocktail fix on as well.

Have Fun!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 12:41 pm   Permalink

Austin usually has Texas Tiki Week in June, but I haven't seen anything for this year. http://texastikiweek.com/

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 5:37 pm   Permalink

Texas Tiki Week is, indeed, happening again this year - in June

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thechariot65

Posted: 2014-04-13 7:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback, We will make sure to check these places out

View Profile of thechariot65 Send a personal message to thechariot65      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
treizeplus

Posted: 2014-05-15 12:14 pm   Permalink

I work at Peche in Austin, If you happen to stop by, my name is Trey. I brought in some tiki mugs and have been doing tiki drinks all summer. Also have some great rums to play with, and right now I have a macadamia orgeat that kills in a Jungle Bird, and a sassafras-cinnamon syrup for Donga Punch.

View Profile of treizeplus Send a personal message to treizeplus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-15 12:21 pm   Permalink

Hey Trey!

& WELCOME to TC!!
We live in Austin & we do occasionally stop into Peche - we were there a few weeks ago and sat at the far end of the bar - then went across the courtyard to check out the new Rum bar, too We'll see if you're working next time we stop in - shouldn't be too long....probably early June, as we're headed out on vacation shortly

treizeplus

Posted: 2014-05-16 11:16 am   Permalink

Thanks, and cool to see you already visit! Yeah, I'm over at Pleasant from time to time, it's impossible for me not to.

View Profile of treizeplus Send a personal message to treizeplus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-10 10:47 pm   Permalink

Peche is always on my list of recommended cocktail bars in Austin. You had me at macadamia orgeat. I'll be in soon for one of those.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-15 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-13 17:37, croe67 wrote:
Texas Tiki Week is, indeed, happening again this year - in June

Yep. And here's the mug from it:

Yee Halo!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freeland
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-04 12:43 pm   Permalink

Luckily a friend gave me the heads up, otherwise would have missed out on this great mug!

View Profile of Freeland Send a personal message to Freeland  Email Freeland Goto the website of Freeland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-05 7:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2014-05-15 12:14, treizeplus wrote:
and right now I have a macadamia orgeat that kills in a Jungle Bird, and a sassafras-cinnamon syrup for Donga Punch.

Austin's 3 hours away, but I'll be there in 2.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-08-06 02:01 am   Permalink

Is that a Tiki Farm mug?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-06 05:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-06 02:01, GROG wrote:
Is that a Tiki Farm mug?

Yep!

mikehooker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-20 9:46 pm   Permalink

Wanted to bump this thread to see what's the latest in Austin bar options as I typically mix at home and haven't ventured out too much. My friend Aaron works at Contigo so I checked it out a couple months ago when they had a happy hour special with frozen Painkillers that were yummy. They also had a Planter's Punch on the regular menu that was OK and he made me an off menu Zombie and maybe something else. It's a bit blurry. I checked out Drink.Well one time cuz I heard they do tiki Tuesdays. I don't recall if that's an all day thing or just for happy hour but the one $10 cocktail I tried was not at all memorable so I didn't explore the rest of the menu. I've heard good things about Peche and Pleasant Storage Room so was thinking of checking either or both of them out tomorrow for happy hour. I guess more than just a "craft" cocktail bar I'm looking for places that do classic tiki drinks right, so I'm curious what the best options may be. I often find that the drinks or the ambiance aren't for me which is why I choose to make my own drinks in the comfort of my own home. But dammit I need to be more social.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation