FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Drinks and Food ╗ ╗ Tiki and healthyŚnever the twain shall meet?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki and healthyŚnever the twain shall meet?
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-17 6:26 pm   Permalink

But what defines hurting someone else? Is it only in the immediate? Would someone having to live with and possibly support your decisions count?

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sixx
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-17 8:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:
That's a slippery slope argument, an example of a logical fallacy. Don't do that.

I'm sorry, how is it a slippery slope argument? A law that bans pre-processed foods that contain high amounts of sugar would necessitate removing things like simple syrup from store shelves! It would be like saying illegalizing beer due to its alcohol content is okay because you think you will still have your wine.

Quote:

If 'the government' wishes to wade in & limit the 'hidden' levels of additives in food that's ok with me just as it would be ok if they didn't.

Of course you do. But I live in a place that doesn't have a queen anymore like your country does, because we don't like being told what to do by people who think they're better than us. Personal liberties are not a thing that should be dictated by the government. If I want to eat a donut, drink a Mai Tai, eat sugar cubes by the box full or whatever else, I don't need a board of bureaucrats deciding that for me. Anyone who thinks that treatment is okay as a grown man or woman may as well put on a bib and go to sleep by 9 PM, because you're a child, not an adult.

BTW, next time you quote me, don't write something else in the quotation box please other than what I actually typed.

[ This Message was edited by: Sixx 2014-07-17 20:31 ]

View Profile of Sixx Send a personal message to Sixx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-17 9:13 pm   Permalink

Please end the political rant!
We get enough of that crap everywhere else on the net, don't want it or need it here.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-18 09:04 am   Permalink

Political comments aren't appropriate for this forum. Please respect the rules.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-18 11:05 am   Permalink

Back on topic, I started a TC thread for low carb cocktail recipes and such (including some discussion of Gary Taubes writing on the cause of obesity, as TikiTacky mentioned). Swanky was an active and valuable contributor to the thread. Take a look...
Modern Caveman Cocktails: Low Carb 'Paleo' Drink Recipes

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation