[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Vintage 1950s Moai/Tiki MOSAIC
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Vintage 1950s Moai/Tiki MOSAIC
junglepam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-02 11:59 pm   Permalink

I am also selling a vintage 1950s or 1960s mosaic of a Moai (a moai-saic?)

This was hanging in my old house and Shag was eyeing it saying if we ever wanted to sell it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2118888361

Pamita Neptuna

View Profile of junglepam Send a personal message to junglepam  Email junglepam Goto the website of junglepam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-03 11:31 am   Permalink

That is so bitchen! It could be related to my Moai mosaic on page 174 of the Book of Tiki. Although I know five lucky owners of that same (with varieties) piece, YOURS I have never seen before. I feel for you and your financial situation that forces you to put this on the auctioning block. Why is Josh not buying it? Then again, maybe you get a better price on e-bay, although lately it has been reflecting the economy's tight money.

I am very curious to watch this climb up there, which it certainly will. I wish you hundreds and hundreds of dollars (or thousands?, the WITCO world that was for sale in a Palm Spings store for over a year for $1200.- was bought on that Tiki weekend, even BEFORE my slide show...maybe the guy from MOCA got it). Even though money is tight for most, there is always the individual for whom money is no object. I wish you one of those. Start bidding, everybody!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-03 12:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-03 11:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
That is so bitchen! It could be related to my Moai mosaic on page 174 of the Book of Tiki.

Big bro, yep, that is what I saw too. Just like that long mosaic at the beginning of the chapter. Already cmmented to Pam what a great piece it is, and how far away from my spending abilities it will eventualy go!

Mugs come and go, except my current crop of must-haves! on ebay, heee hee, but this is a real find. I put this up with a wood Tiki "supposedly" from the Luau/Hanalei that was sold a few months back.

I want this mosaic, but I ain't a getting it!

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-03 4:15 pm   Permalink

The current bid is now $20.50 with 9+ days to go. Any guesses how high it will go when it ends? My estimate is $125-150. Too high or too low?

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-07-03 4:43 pm   Permalink

is anybody we know bidding on it? I am thinking about it...it is SOOOOO great!

inky

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
junglepam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-03 7:10 pm   Permalink

I just emailed Shag about it, but haven't heard back yet.

Pamita Neptuna aka junglepam

View Profile of junglepam Send a personal message to junglepam  Email junglepam Goto the website of junglepam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mattio
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-03 9:32 pm   Permalink

I want it

View Profile of Mattio Send a personal message to Mattio  Goto the website of Mattio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-07-03 10:27 pm   Permalink

Well, i want it too....So there!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-04 11:53 am   Permalink

I double dog dare want it, and I am breaking Piggie as I type. This puppy is mine, I pity the fool that tries to outbid me. No one shall defeat Cpt. Midnite on this auction, must have must have must have.

Just trying a little trash talking psych-out job here. Did it work? Nahh, didn't think so. Shucks, Drat, Barnacles!

I see it going for 250-300 bones.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
junglepam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-04 12:40 pm   Permalink

Where are all those rich tikiheads out there? The thing's only up to $40.. oh, wait... you're all too dang smart to bid now! It'll be fun to see the last five minutes of this auction!

Thanks everyone for being so swell - I'm a little sad to see this guy go, but he'll be much happier hanging on the wall of someone who will really LOVE him than in our closet.

Now the question is.... WHO LOVES HIM THE MOST????

- Pamita Neptuna aka Junglepam

P.S. The reason Josh saw this lovely item so many times and lusted after it so hot and heavy was because my husband, Jeff, was in the Tiki Tones and Huntington Cads with him and Josh would come over and see it at our old San Pedro abode.

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-04 12:51 pm   Permalink

Three cheers for the Tiki Tones! 'The Enchanted Tiki Tones' 7" is a particularly inspired piece of vinyl!!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-09 6:04 pm   Permalink

3 days 1 hour to and it is up to $184.00. Way to go Pam. Glad to see your getting a good price for this classic piece of artwork.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-12 10:58 am   Permalink

Holy crap, Batman!

Several hours to go and it is $500.

This baby is hot, Hot, HOT. So much for my $250-300 prediction. Way to go, it is a nice piece.

Will it go higher? Aye, it will go HIGH!

midnite

SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-12 11:22 am   Permalink

Hey JunglePam!
Are you staying home to see what the final bid goes to? It ends at 6:38 pm. so it would be just about the time the "crawlers" will be having their first cocktail of the evening. $510 already! Woohoo! FreakyTikiCheers to you!

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-07-12 1:17 pm   Permalink

Randy-

I am infinitely jealous of your levels of disposable income. First the Lanai tiki, now this. You are the king. Watch out for that last minute Shag-Attack- he (may) have more money to burn than all of us combined.

-Martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation